Hand to Hand Combat While Concealed Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand to Hand Combat While Concealed Carry

One reason not to use the Blackhawk Serpa is that it is vulnerable to lockup of the retention mechanism due to debris or dirt:

3. I sure wouldn't want to use a Serpa holster if I was rolling around on the ground in Arizona!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to use a Serpa holster if I was rolling around on the ground in Arizona!
    So you think the location of the incident was the point of the video?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

5. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I don't intend to let any threat get close enough for a hand-to-hand situation to happen at my age. I may not be able to out fight someone, but I sure as hell, can still blow them away, and have no remorse in doing so.
    Which is why you support further infringements on my Rights.. you are as old as dirt, start running your mouth and you need your gun to back you up...
    you can't even defend that statement either.
    So... just so you can shoot people without resorting to physical contact when you mouth off, you salivate over daddy Feds ability to "allow you" to carry anywhere so you don't wet your pants when challenged...

Sad little man(?) you are...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. As others have mentioned there are different levels of security in holsters. You want something with more than just a level 1 passive resistance if this is important to you. For me im comfortable with a shoulder holster that is level two with a retention strap. I also can easily hold firearm and holster in place with minimal movement with my upper arm while still having my lower arms and hands free.

7. K let's talk about hand to hand while carrying.

I feel it necessary to train for hand to hand because the pistol may not always be able to be drawn immediately when under attack. So if a threat is real close in it can be necessary to block and strike before being able to draw.

There are very effective fast strikes to key body targets that can stop an attacker at least long enough to employ ones weapon.
    Not a bad idea to stay in good physical condition anyway, and hand to hand training can be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

8. Quote Originally Posted by SmiddySW View Post
    K let's talk about hand to hand while carrying.

I feel it necessary to train for hand to hand because the pistol may not always be able to be drawn immediately when under attack. So if a threat is real close in it can be necessary to block and strike before being able to draw.

There are very effective fast strikes to key body targets that can stop an attacker at least long enough to employ ones weapon.
    Not a bad idea to stay in good physical condition anyway, and hand to hand training can be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry
    Any takers on this?

How about these techniques:

Eye pluck: one hand behind attackers head (great move for a woman in a rape situation). Thumb inserted into eye socket to behind the eyeball, bend thumb, pull.....hard for an attacker to keep attacking with their eyeball hanging out of their head.

2). Using ulnar bone strike with full hip rotation to strike an attacker' carotid artery will put them down 5-10 minutes, giving u time to address additional attackers or get away.

Either of these two movements can stop an attack when u can't get to, or God forbid don't have your gun. Both are best used as follow ups to a strong knee to the groin (attacker's sex irrelevant).

Then there are heel, elbow, knee and heel of hand strikes to vital areas like kidneys, liver, neck, etc (pick vital organ based upon target availability).

Also note that neck breaks don't work like Hollywood portrays them. Usually pressing the back of the head forward sharply will do the job, whereas twisting it sharply may or may not,

If under threat of serious bodily harm or death, such methods are as justified as shooting.

Thoughts or comments?

USAF(Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by SmiddySW View Post
    Thoughts or comments?
    Sure! The Internet is a good place to offer theories that don't work in practice, especially when mixing in all kinds of assumptions and constantly changing the discussed situation when challenged. Want to learn something about hand-to-hand combat? Take a force-on-force firearms training class and join an MMA club.

Make sure you have a clear objective. Is your objective to survive, or is your objective to give the other guy an a$$ whooping? Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Always assume that your opponent is better than you and armed. Failure to do so, i.e., overconfidence, will get you killed.

There are all kinds of self defense skills that do not involve using your firearm. There are also all kinds of self defense skills that do involve using your firearm. What techniques actually work depends on the defender, the attacker and the situation. The Internet is really not the right place to learn any of this.

At a force-on-force firearms training class and in an MMA club you will learn the techniques that work for you. You will also learn techniques for different scenarios. You will learn how to block or deflect punches and draw your gun. You will learn that the most important things are: stay on your feet and protect your head and neck. You will learn that moving and leaning out of the direction of the attack, redirecting the attacker's move, certain punches, and certain kicks are good to get someone off of you. Once you have some room, it's time to draw and shoot. You will also learn how to deal with situations that do not involve lethal force.

Remember, your opponent is better than you. He spent 5 years in jail training every day for that moment for which you probably never trained at all. He attacked you with a concrete plan, while you have to defend yourself unexpectedly. He has a backup plan, while you didn't even had a primary plan. Such encounters are quick and violent. Be prepared for that.

This is why I carry. I'm to old to go hand to hand.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Sure! The Internet is a good place to offer theories that don't work in practice, especially when mixing in all kinds of assumptions and constantly changing the discussed situation when challenged. Want to learn something about hand-to-hand combat? Take a force-on-force firearms training class and join an MMA club.

Make sure you have a clear objective. Is your objective to survive, or is your objective to give the other guy an a$$ whooping? Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Always assume that your opponent is better than you and armed. Failure to do so, i.e., overconfidence, will get you killed.

There are all kinds of self defense skills that do not involve using your firearm. There are also all kinds of self defense skills that do involve using your firearm. What techniques actually work depends on the defender, the attacker and the situation. The Internet is really not the right place to learn any of this.

At a force-on-force firearms training class and in an MMA club you will learn the techniques that work for you. You will also learn techniques for different scenarios. You will learn how to block or deflect punches and draw your gun. You will learn that the most important things are: stay on your feet and protect your head and neck. You will learn that moving and leaning out of the direction of the attack, redirecting the attacker's move, certain punches, and certain kicks are good to get someone off of you. Once you have some room, it's time to draw and shoot. You will also learn how to deal with situations that do not involve lethal force.

Remember, your opponent is better than you. He spent 5 years in jail training every day for that moment for which you probably never trained at all. He attacked you with a concrete plan, while you have to defend yourself unexpectedly. He has a backup plan, while you didn't even had a primary plan. Such encounters are quick and violent. Be prepared for that.
    I agree with most of this, and can assure u that my bases are covered. Thx for the reply

USAF(Ret)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast