National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017 - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017

1. Is this thing even alive in our current climate? What about silencers, where is that bill at?

It is a real pain driving out of state. I have to make sure I don't make a mistake with NJ and NY.

3. Quote Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
    Is this thing even alive in our current climate? What about silencers, where is that bill at?

It is a real pain driving out of state. I have to make sure I don't make a mistake with NJ and NY.
    What state you driving from?

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

4. I agree. I live in Wis. near the Il. border. No reciprosity between the 2 states. Go into Il. a lot and have to put away my CCW.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by kramden View Post
    I agree. I live in Wis. near the Il. border. No reciprosity between the 2 states. Go into Il. a lot and have to put away my CCW.
    And you really think a federal bill that relies on its own constitutional authority to regulate (Interstate Commerce Clause) rather than on The People's God-given rights under the Bill of Rights, is going to fix that for more than one or two minutes (metaphorical "minutes")?

Careful what you wish for. You will likely get it right up one of the most sensitive orifices of the human body. The authority to regulate is the authority to control, and that is exactly what will be the end result if HR 38 passes, which it very likely eventually will, because Americans are so ignorant about the chasm-like divide between government authority and unalienable rights. This is one of the most glaring examples of where the two concepts are distilled down to one in the minds of Americans looking for government to give them permission to exercise their rights.

Rights are never given, they are only won, and government is the entity they are almost always won from. Government is never to be trusted with The People's rights, because it can't be trusted to act against its own authoritarian nature and interests. It is that authoritarian nature which informs government that The People are largely ignorant, and that it can impose its will upon their liberties without firing a shot if it makes The People believe it is doing something for them, rather than against them. Such is the reality of national reciprocity. Fail to understand that fact at your own peril.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. These bills are a farce, and a slap in the face to the Bill of Rights.

The only permit needed is the 2nd Amendment which is the Law of the Land.

Folks who apply / purchase, concealed or otherwise, permits, or support anti-Bill of Rights legislation is merely asking strangers and bureaucrats for their permission.

This once great nation truly is turned upside down. And lobbyist such as NRA are every bit as complicit.

Okay I agree, but let us know how that works when you try it.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    I open carry. In my state, no permit is required to open carry, so I'm letting mine go when it expires later this year. I kept it active for various reasons, like the federal 1,000 foot to schools rule, and also because of my close proximity to FL and GA where I travel to a few times each per year, but screw it. I'm done asking permission, and I haven't had to as long as I open carried in AL since 2013.

I'm letting you know that it has worked out just peachy for me, and I anticipate it working out fine going forward.

The way most people talk these days, one would think that citizens are the servants of government, instead of the other way around. Living in reality works out better than the alternative.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

9. It took Congress from 1933 to 1994 to come up with the DLA(Driver's License Agreement). Only 61 years, for legislation which was nigh inevitable.
    Basically, our two major parties can't agree on the color of an Orange, but you think they are just going to hammer out a Concealed Carry Reciprocity
    Law in jig time?

Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    It took Congress from 1933 to 1994 to come up with the DLA(Driver's License Agreement). Only 61 years, for legislation which was nigh inevitable.
    Basically, our two major parties can't agree on the color of an Orange, but you think they are just going to hammer out a Concealed Carry Reciprocity
    Law in jig time?
    They will if we stop electing the bad half.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Exactly. What's legal and what's Constitutional are all too often not in agreement.

It's our responsibility as citizens to remind our elected officials when they err, and if they continue to err, then to replace them with someone less prone to err.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast