National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017 - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017

The best form of this act would be in the form of a Constitutional reaffirmation telling the states to KNOCK IT OFF.

I am usually a staunch proponent of our 9th and 10th Amendments. Sadly, most states took the 10th to mean the could "regulate" i.e. infringe in violation of the 2nd.

3. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The best form of this act would be in the form of a Constitutional reaffirmation telling the states to KNOCK IT OFF.

I am usually a staunch proponent of our 9th and 10th Amendments. Sadly, most states took the 10th to mean the could "regulate" i.e. infringe in violation of the 2nd.
    In the interest of fairness, if the states didn't have their 10th amendment means to exert the powers as allocated then it would be in the hands of the Feds. Some states are horrible about it and some are less horrible but all in all, you do have the freedom to reside in a state that respects the Constitution or law relative to some others. We all know what states have no respect for 2A and those that work hard to preserve it.

National Reciprocity is a Federal grab of reciprocity which is currently (and rightly) negotiated between the states. Using the Commerce Clause as a vehicle for its use, the Feds would be "giving" us freedoms we already have and by use of the same vehicle, they could take it away very quickly at some point in the future.

It's being proven right now that party nor POTUS matters on this issue. Both parties would work hard to initiate as much gun control as they could get away with given the right time and circumstances. They will use every tragedy using guns to do so. If they really cared about public safety, then I guess this past years accumulation of fatalities and injuries on AMTRAK would cause some movement besides a one day news cycle and opioid overdoses would be a priority but they're not. It's not on the agenda. It's immigration and firearms and not much else.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

If this National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is as bad as you say it is then it should pass. Right?
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If this National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is as bad as you say it is then it should pass. Right?
    That's a good point Ringo. It's a real load of crap but the only thing that might kill it is the media hysteria that's so prevalent right now. When SR9 was on here cheerleading it, I felt like it had a 50/50 shot. All we need is one or two new made up crises to move it forward in some middle of the night vote though. It should actually get Democrat votes in Congress because it's such a blatant tool for future gun control actions but I see both parties avoiding getting any of it on the bottom of their shoes going into midterms. I'd say it's a stuck in the mud bill with the current climate and that's a good thing IMHO.

6. IF it passes, don't be surprised when states like NJ and NY all but openly defy the law, in order to make it impossible to
    carry in their state. They feel like their crime -ridden hell-holes are somehow special, and you should go about unarmed
    in the areas of the country with the worst crime statistics.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    IF it passes, don't be surprised when states like NJ and NY all but openly defy the law, in order to make it impossible to
    carry in their state. They feel like their crime -ridden hell-holes are somehow special, and you should go about unarmed
    in the areas of the country with the worst crime statistics.
    You are right and most anyone that have seen the sanctuary cities crop up and the various marijuana legislation bills at the state level understand that legally licensed citizens that CC will be threatened, harassed, and even jailed while complying with Federal laws but violating state law. It's not even a question. The burden as usual, will be on the individual citizens to prove they are innocent and absorb all costs because of dysfunctional Government.

Welcome to the New and Improved America, where average citizens are guilty until proven innocent and the politicians and the elite are innocent until proven guilty.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Welcome to the New and Improved America, where average citizens are guilty until proven innocent and the politicians and the elite are innocent until proven guilty.
    Let me fix this for you Ringo.

Welcome to the New and Improved America, where average citizens are guilty until proven innocent and the politicians and the elite are innocent and seldom proven guilty.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ― Steven Weinberg

10. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Let me fix this for you Ringo.

Welcome to the New and Improved America, where average citizens are guilty until proven innocent and the politicians and the elite are innocent and seldom proven guilty.
    3, 2, 1.....incoming from Ops on "the candidate"...National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    ...Basically, our two major parties can't agree on the color of an Orange....
    Or the definition of "is".
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast