National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017 - Page 18
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    It's explained very clearly in my signature line.....
    The only thing very clear about your signature line is that it's very unclear.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

It's explained very clearly in my signature line.....
    Well, if that's the case, then, ignorant much? Seriously, dude. Your sig line is as bigoted as it gets, calling by far mostly good people "evil." Rather pathetic.

Sure, free speech. I get it. You slam people like me. ^^^This^^^ is my free speech response. The only difference is that my response is based on fact, not blind, blanket bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Well, if that's the case, then, ignorant much? Seriously, dude. Your sig line is as bigoted as it gets, calling by far mostly good people "evil." Rather pathetic.

Sure, free speech. I get it. You slam people like me. ^^^This^^^ is my free speech response. The only difference is that my response is based on fact, not blind, blanket bigotry.
    Then you need to pay closer attention to the actions of some people based on their religious beliefs.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Then you need to pay closer attention to the actions of some people based on their religious beliefs.
    Everyone who does things "in the name of God" will be held accountable by God himself. In the meantime, if those things violate our laws, then We the People, throughout our elected governments, should hold them accountable, bringing them to justice, if necessary. If they don't, then we hold the government accountable.

That's our Constitution, federal law, and local, state, and federal laws. They work fairly well, provided We the People do our job and remind politicians that they serve us and at our pleasure, not the other way around.

It would be nice, however, if you didn't lump all believers into the same category as whoever tinkled in your cup. Do you judge all gun owners by the actions of one or even a dozen mass shooters?

Of course not. If you would, please extend the same courtesy to us.

Thank you.

Everyone who does things "in the name of God" will be held accountable by God himself. In the meantime, if those things violate our laws, then We the People, throughout our elected governments, should hold them accountable, bringing them to justice, if necessary. If they don't, then we hold the government accountable.

That's our Constitution, federal law, and local, state, and federal laws. They work fairly well, provided We the People do our job and remind politicians that they serve us and at our pleasure, not the other way around.

It would be nice, however, if you didn't lump all believers into the same category as whoever tinkled in your cup. Do you judge all gun owners by the actions of one or even a dozen mass shooters?

Of course not. If you would, please extend the same courtesy to us.

Thank you.
    That is covered in the bolded portion of my signature.

Actually gun owners take a much higher road compared to many religious followers, as many of "the good religious followers" do not hesitate at all in expressing their bigotry and hate toward others with differing views, skin color, gender, or sexual preferences.... or they are just not good people, merely using the cloak of religion as a disguise.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Yeah I can see some of that, a lot of people use religion as an excuse for violence. Jihadist's for instance, who use a few lines of their book to justify extreme values in a normally calm and embracing religion. There are sects in every long established religion who seem to veer radically from their mainstream religion. Still it does not take a organized religion to promote organized violence. Witness the recent YouTube shooter who was of the "Animal Rights Religion" oh she may have been of another religion also, but she was acting for Animal Rights.

Likewise it is easy enough to move a good many violent episodes to a "Agenda" based religion opposed to general organized religion.

But the big thing in my mind is that you guys have Hijacked this thread! If you want to continue your argument start your own thread.

Well, it passed the House. Seems to be waiting for something. Perhaps for members of Congress to get back in session.

By the way, this is a wonderful justification of why hard roll call (recorded) votes should be taken on every contentious issue.

190-236 against by Yeas and Nays.
    231-198 FOR by recorded vote.

Apparently, some vote-counters have selective hearing.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Well, it passed the House. Seems to be waiting for something. Perhaps for members of Congress to get back in session.

By the way, this is a wonderful justification of why hard roll call (recorded) votes should be taken on every contentious issue.

190-236 against by Yeas and Nays.
    231-198 FOR by recorded vote.

Apparently, some vote-counters have selective hearing.
    That passage was in 2017. Pretty sure it has to be reintroduced, make it through committee, be debated and voted on again. IIRC, the Las Vegas concert shooting made the Congress-critters slow-roll the legislation, and it stalled out in the Senate.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    That passage was in 2017. Pretty sure it has to be reintroduced, make it through committee, be debated and voted on again. IIRC, the Las Vegas concert shooting made the Congress-critters slow-roll the legislation, and it stalled out in the Senate.
    Hmm... How convenient that a previously non-problem person suddenly snapped...

I still don't get why people back off gun-supporting legislation when things like this happen, as they point to the need for greater prevalence of armed carry.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Hmm... How convenient that a previously non-problem person suddenly snapped...

I still don't get why people back off gun-supporting legislation when things like this happen, as they point to the need for greater prevalence of armed carry.
    Not sure what you're trying to imply, but the discussion concerning national reciprocity legislation on this forum started at least as far back as March of 2015, and many valid reasons were offered in opposition to it by the most vociferous Second Amendment advocates on the site within the 1,336 replies in that thread. Maybe you should read opposing viewpoints before trying to tag opponents as "backing off gun-supporting legislation" due to either one jackwagon going off the rails, or a government conspiracy, whichever it is you think was "convenient" for whomever you think actually committed the mass murder.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast