Gerogia to Florida
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gerogia to Florida

  1. Gerogia to Florida

    Good Morning All,
    I am retiring from the army and will be moving to florida. I currently have a Gerogia Drivers' license and a concealed cary permit. If I get a new Florida drivers' license what is the requirement for my tranfering my CCP?
    any help will be appreciated.

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    You can't transfer the permit. You have to apply for a new Florida permit. You can also use a copy of your DD214 in place of taking the class. You can request a application to be sent to you here. I always say order 2 just in case you mess one up.

    Form/Pamphlet Request - Division of Licensing, DOACS

    Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

  4. Thanks I will do that........

  5. #4
    Just a thought. When Fl first started issuing CWP I got mine using my DD214. Gun shows and quite a few dealers offer courses for $30.00-$40.00 bucks + Fl fees. They have all the paper work and will do the finger printing and photo. If I had to do it again I would go that route and save myself a lot of running around.

  6. #5
    FBGA or FSGA?

    For everyone's knowledge, GA does not have a CCP. It has a GFL (Georgia Firearms License)...allows CC or OC.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    FBGA or FSGA?

    For everyone's knowledge, GA does not have a CCP. It has a GFL (Georgia Firearms License)...allows CC or OC.
    Same with Tennessee, but only an idiot would open carry in the bastion of Liberalism that is Memphis. The police would be showing up everywhere you went.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

  8. I have a Florida CCP and I'm moving from Florida to Georgia. Does anyone know what is required to get a Georgia license? Will the Florida CCP make it easier, quicker, or cheaper?


  9. #8
    in Georgia you have to go to the Probate court in the county you move into and apply for a GFL, having your Florida CCP may make it easier and quicker but not any cheaper.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts