SKYY industries , keltec look alike - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKYY industries , keltec look alike

1. Thanks Wolf.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Check around and you may run across a P40. If not look for the p40 conversion. I have a P11, P40 and a P357 sig barrel and slide conversion from Kel-Tec on a p11 frame.
    And you love them dont you? I really like the P11. I mean I really like it. Im wanting one for each day of the week. Kinda like collecting pipes.

Ive looked into the conversion kits but they dont get very good reviews from the folks that have them. At least from what Ive read. So I hoped KelTec would just make a gun for that. I may spring for a P40 conversion though.
    Last edited by AllAmerican; 02-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    anyone have any knowledge about the skyy industries keltec look alike pistol?
    It's not a look alike, it is a Kel-Tec. Sccy's or Skyys are garbage. A VP from that so company went on the KTOG (Kel-Tec Owners' Group) forum posing as a just an owner to generate false positive reviews of their product. Some former Kel-Tec employees left Kel-Tec to form Skyy from allegedly stolen Kel-Tec designs to create their own line of firearms. Very unethical company. I don't expect them to honor any warranty claims either.
    Last edited by netentity; 02-09-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

5. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    It's not a look alike, it is a Kel-Tec. They're garbage. A VP from that so company went on the KTOG (Kel-Tec Owners' Group) forum posing as a just an owner to generate false positive reviews of their product. Some former Kel-Tec employees left Kel-Tec to form Skyy from allegedly stolen Kel-Tec designs to create their own line of firearms. Very unethical company. I don't expect them to honor any warranty claims either.
    No, the Keltecs are not garbage... Im sure you meant the Skyyyys or whatever they are called.

BTW, a dealer friend of mine says the ruger LCP slide is a Keltec and is made by Keltec. He has no reason to lie to me but does anyone know the scoop. Ive heard this from more than one person who is a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    No, the Keltecs are not garbage... Im sure you meant the Skyyyys or whatever they are called.
    Yes. I was referring to Sccy, Skyy or whatever they're called now. I edited my post to reflect that. My only issue with Kel-Tecs is that the magazine release is plastic which wears out. I need to send my P3AT back to Kel-Tec for that reason. The magazine release should be metal as it is with the P-11 slide stop.
    BTW, a dealer friend of mine says the ruger LCP slide is a Keltec and is made by Keltec. He has no reason to lie to me but does anyone know the scoop. Ive heard this from more than one person who is a dealer.
    That may be why the Ruger LCP is a licensed Kel-Tec P3AT clone. If that's the case then Kel-Tec is getting a profit from them which I have no issue with. I, however, will not own anything Ruger since Bill Ruger threw us under the bus with the first assault weapon ban.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

I just bought my wife a SCCY CPX-1 9mm from a VA gun show back in November. I spoke with a few people at the show who owned the SCCY products and they said they are great. Yes they are from the Kel-Tec design and are very similar to them as well. Anyways, my wife and I have put about 300-400 rounds thru the CPX-1 and have no problems with it besides the safety turning on while in the process of firing. Its a perfect firearm for my wife and her ccw needs. Very small and compact and has nice power. And if anything does go wrong with it SCCY does have a lifetime warranty. I think once you give it a try then you would find it to be a good and reliable firearm as well.

to give yall an update on this sccy pistol , i took it tto the range fired 200+ rounds through it of various brands no ftf or fte or failure to return to battery. however the safty engaged between every single round. I then went to the dealer who sold it to my father who called the company and they mailed him a safety kit which i piced up the other day. i havent had the time to install it and get back to the range to see the results, but i will let everyone know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    to give yall an update on this sccy pistol , i took it tto the range fired 200+ rounds through it of various brands no ftf or fte or failure to return to battery. however the safty engaged between every single round. I then went to the dealer who sold it to my father who called the company and they mailed him a safety kit which i piced up the other day. i havent had the time to install it and get back to the range to see the results, but i will let everyone know how it turns out.

This would be a HUGE concern for me. Any pistol that has a malfunction that causes it to not go "bang" when I need it to is surely one that I would not use to save my life. It may be a great pistol for target practice, plinking, or recreational use, but as for SD, it's off my list of favorites.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

10. Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    all that i have found on their website has been mostly negative. the keltecs are cheap also but everyone i know that has one loves them and swears by their reliability. hopefully my dads will work flawlessly, i will keep my fingers crossed.
    Keltecs are not cheap. They are well made guns that just happen to not cost an arm and a leg for a recall.

Low cost, yes. Cheap, no way...

11. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Yes. I was referring to Sccy, Skyy or whatever they're called now. I edited my post to reflect that. My only issue with Kel-Tecs is that the magazine release is plastic which wears out. I need to send my P3AT back to Kel-Tec for that reason. The magazine release should be metal as it is with the P-11 slide stop.
    That may be why the Ruger LCP is a licensed Kel-Tec P3AT clone. If that's the case then Kel-Tec is getting a profit from them which I have no issue with. I, however, will not own anything Ruger since Bill Ruger threw us under the bus with the first assault weapon ban.
    I agree there. He certainly did...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12