Which one ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one ?

Which one ?

Aloha Folks,
    New to this site, I got my CCW here in Los Wages(Las Vegas) just wondering what IWB holster to use for my XD40 4".
    Thanks in advance for any input you folks may have.

wolfhunter Guest
    CrossBreed SuperTuck

Galco make some pretty neat IWB hlosters

Welcome to the site, HI Shooter!

I have the same gun, and am currently waiting on my CWP to arrive. In the meantime, I've been shopping for IWB holsters too. I've narrowed it down to 3:

Don Hume IWB H715m w.c. - $30
    Galco Summer Comfort - $55
    Galco stow-n-go - $25

The clip on the Stow-n-go is plastic and prone to break soon. The Summer Comfort has leather straps with snaps rather than a belt clip, and the Don Hume has a metal clip. I believe the DH will be my choice, strong side, 3:00 position. But it's not right for everybody. I suggest you go try some on before committing, although, under $30 is not a waste.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Mexican carry.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

+1 Crossbreed

Another vote for the crossbreed supertuck. I am wearing mine comfortably with my PT145 as I type this.

First, you find a fair sized box, say 12"x14". Then you buy the "perfect holster". After about 2 weeks, you find that there are better holsters out there, and buy one - and place the first holster in the afore mentioned box. A while later, you are told by your best bud that you have the wrong holster, you need an XYZ - guaranteed the best. Holster #2 goes into the box. Then, but you know what "then" leads to, don't you. We all have a box full, if you stay at it a while. Have fun figuring it all out, and be aware, always, of the responsibility you have taken on. Good for you to take that step.
    sailor

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    First, you find a fair sized box, say 12"x14". Then you buy the "perfect holster". After about 2 weeks, you find that there are better holsters out there, and buy one - and place the first holster in the afore mentioned box. A while later, you are told by your best bud that you have the wrong holster, you need an XYZ - guaranteed the best. Holster #2 goes into the box. Then, but you know what "then" leads to, don't you. We all have a box full, if you stay at it a while. Have fun figuring it all out, and be aware, always, of the responsibility you have taken on. Good for you to take that step.
    sailor
    Or, he can save himself the trouble and put the pistol in a box addressed to me at my favorite gun shop...

I ordered a Minotaur MTAC from Comp-Tac last week, still waiting for it to arrive.

I was wearing a Galco for awhile, then after getting it repaired twice, I chose to look elsewhere.
    These people make great holsters at very good prices. Their work is excellent, and they use top quality leather. They have really nice gator print holsters, but I just went with straight black. When I need another holster I'm deffinetly going through them again.

http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/StoreFront
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast