online ccw in Va.? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: online ccw in Va.?

  1. Concealed Handgun Permit Firearms Safety Class - Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit

    This is where my wife and I got our CCW training certificate that we provided to Fairfax County Circuit Court for our CCP which was most promptly delivered.
    Last edited by lukem; 03-17-2011 at 08:40 PM.

  2.   
  3. #32
    I am a female and took offense to some of these comments. I was going to take an online class to get my CCW but WV says you have to do live fire. So I did. My reasoning behind taking the online class is because I have experience with handguns and for convience. If I had taken the onlineclass it does not make me an idiot. I just felt like women were being sterotyped!! You never know some women may be able to handle and shoot a gun better than some men!

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I didn't take the course because I have many NRA certificates. VA Law says ANY NRA course demonstrates competency.

    The online courses are valid and it says so specifically in the VA website

    I have a VA Non-resident permit...I don't even have a resident permit in my state because VA makes it so easy/affordable
    Thanks, all, for bringing this thread back to life, because I missed it in 2009! I was considering renewing my New Hampshire permit for $100, but getting a Virginia permit for an extra $30 or so, is much better for me. I will have to look up Arizona's requirements and see if this type of training qualifies under their new 2010 requirements.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Thanks, all, for bringing this thread back to life, because I missed it in 2009! I was considering renewing my New Hampshire permit for $100, but getting a Virginia permit for an extra $30 or so, is much better for me. I will have to look up Arizona's requirements and see if this type of training qualifies under their new 2010 requirements.

    AZ will take any NRA class...hunter safety...or if you already have a permit that required training a copy of that will suffice.

    AZ Requirements Section N

  6. #35
    There are two Virginia on-line trainings mentioned on this thread. Does anybody have any preferences between the two? I know one is $10 less, but if the more expensive one is more used friendly, that may be well worth it.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    There are two Virginia on-line trainings mentioned on this thread. Does anybody have any preferences between the two? I know one is $10 less, but if the more expensive one is more used friendly, that may be well worth it.
    This one is *extremely* user friendly: Concealed Handgun Permit Firearms Safety Class - Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    There are two Virginia on-line trainings mentioned on this thread. Does anybody have any preferences between the two? I know one is $10 less, but if the more expensive one is more used friendly, that may be well worth it.
    I'd suggest taking the MD course mentioned in Post #11....it's free...and according to VA statute should qualify.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I'd suggest taking the MD course mentioned in Post #11....it's free...and according to VA statute should qualify.
    Check it out carefully. Trust me, you'd hate to take that safety course (which I'm sure is good) only to find out that, when submitting your documents to your county Circuit Court, 1) it's not an NRA approved or 2) that Virginia doesn't recognize other states' training classes.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck56 View Post
    Check it out carefully. Trust me, you'd hate to take that safety course (which I'm sure is good) only to find out that, when submitting your documents to your county Circuit Court, 1) it's not an NRA approved or 2) that Virginia doesn't recognize other states' training classes.
    yeah...that's why i said should qualify since it is presented by MD State Police.

    Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.
    Based on this, I would say it does. But call and check.

    Or take it anyway...just because.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast