online ccw in Va.?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: online ccw in Va.?

online ccw in Va.?

rumor has it that you can now take ccw course online in Va. does anyone know what web site to go to?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

that is awesome!!! I'd like to see that here.. my sister wants to get her ccw but she has to get back to work soon.. working nights in a hospital so makes it hard to get to a class.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

5. I own a site that allows you to take the Virginia Concealed Carry permit class online. You can find it at www.VirginiaConcealedCarry.com . The code 610189 will get you $10 off the class (please keep the code to only use by USAcarry members and their families). Any notes you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thirty

I had seen this before...is this training only accepted in VA?

7. I didn't take the course because I have many NRA certificates. VA Law says ANY NRA course demonstrates competency.

The online courses are valid and it says so specifically in the VA website

I have a VA Non-resident permit...I don't even have a resident permit in my state because VA makes it so easy/affordable
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

8. Virginia is the only state that explicitly states in the state code that online/video courses are sufficient. There are several other states that allow any course taught by an NRA or state certified instructor to be sufficient. Our course is that...so we are legal in those states as well. Definitely check out the code in your state and if you have any questions, give us a holler. Again, any feedback on the class would be greatly appreciated!

Thirty

Do we really think we can learn what there is to know in "just under an hour?"
    Is this the type of "training" we want the anti's advertising?
    I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying, It takes me a few days of classes to get a driver license, but I can pack a deadly weapon after watching a 40 minute video?

I'd like to take the "class" just to see really how great it is, but not for $39. I think gimmicks like this hurt our credibility.

P.A.: So let me get this right Mr. Doe, you watched a 40 minute video then shot my client?

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

10. Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Do we really think we can learn what there is to know in "just under an hour?"
    Is this the type of "training" we want the anti's advertising?
    I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying, It takes me a few days of classes to get a driver license, but I can pack a deadly weapon after watching a 40 minute video?

I'd like to take the "class" just to see really how great it is, but not for $39. I think gimmicks like this hurt our credibility.

P.A.: So let me get this right Mr. Doe, you watched a 40 minute video then shot my client?

I don't think I should have to do anything to be able to conceal a weapon, so the smaller the requirements the better. That being said I didn't take the online course- I have many other certificates that VA honored..so can't speak as to the quality of instruction..
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

11. Ruger,

I totally understand your point of view but tend to agree with ClearSight...there should be NO requirements to be allowed to carry concealed.

We have noticed some amazing numbers that may interest you...over 50% of the people taking the course are women. I believe that to be statistically significant. We think it is because of the lack of apprehension that comes with stepping into a male dominated past time.

Our class takes about 90 minutes, not forty, and was designed to be a challenge...the student must actually absorb the information in order to pass the course...

Thirty

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast