Need anwsers

Thread: Need anwsers

1. Need anwsers

Iím 20 and in the military Iím stationed in sc but I am a resident of Texas is there anyway I can acquire a conceal carry. I really donít like the area but Iím new to the forums please help

So whatís the deal, are yíall allowed to license carry in Texas under 21? I know you can purchase a handgun at at 18 but as far as being stationed in South Carolina well, Iím not familiar with military laws or if any of that even pertains at all but since you are living there basically, I would think that you would have to get your carry permit there. That is if SC gives permits to anyone under 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both South Carolina and Texas require you to be 21 to obtain the carry license. Gonna have to wait a few months, kiddo.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Both South Carolina and Texas require you to be 21 to obtain the carry license. Gonna have to wait a few months, kiddo.
    Thatís kind of what I was thinking. I canít think of any state that would issue a permit to anyone under 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. There are several sources to look up information on firearm laws.

The Concealed Carry Resources dropdown at the top of any page on this site.
    https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

and Handgunlaw.
    Handgunlaw.us

You can also do a search for a specific stateís handgun law on any search engine.

I see nothing wrong with the information from the other responders above, but not every bit of information that is posted on a forum like this is always accurate.

7. Hell of a note when you can go to war but not carry a firearm at home.

8. If you are active Military you can apply in Texas either as a resident if you kept Texas as your home home of record or as a non-resident at 18. Thing is a TX non-resident is not valid in SC and a resident license is valid but you have to be 21. Best to wait until you are 21 and get the Texas Resident if you kept Texas as your home of record. That way it is valid in a lot more places especially FL and SC which only honor Resident permits.