Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Kimber CDP Ultra lightweight in 3 " and 5" barrels or Colt Lightweight Commander are my regular carries, depending on dress.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

3. I carry my Springfield 1911 A1 nite and day. But Im dying to own a Kimber 1911

I carry my Taurus 1911 every minute i can. It's back up is a EAA witness in .45. Both full size and love em both.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoo View Post
    I carry a Rock Island Armory (RIA) compact 1911 (same size as a Colt Officers model). I use a Galco Kydex OWB and a nylon IWB depending on how I dress.
    ditto, except, Fobus OWB kydex holster. With IWB nylon, light shirt un-tucked conceals it nicely in warm weather
    Some Special Forces and S.W.A.T. units still use 1911's

6. I used to carry a Para-Ordnance P-13 to big in the summer time so, went to a Glock. You know what I carry it even in the winter time now. With all that saidI I do miss carry my P-13. There are so many new options today as far as holsters. I have had my P-13 since 1996 moved to New Jerkistan and haven't carried for a while until I found the non resident options. Of coarse can't carry in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey but, spend a lot of time in PA. Now that I been carrying again I am thinking about new holster options for my P-13.

I carry a 1911-A1 GI .45. It is kind of heavy, but it's not all that bad once you get used to it.

add me to the list.
    Old f++t with a .45 colt

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I carry a Rock Island Armory FS Tactical. MINUS the FLGR.
    AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.
    I like it a lot. It pretty much shoots to point of aim, and I think it's more accurate than I am. ;) It feeds hollow points with no trouble at all. The only thing I would change, would be to add dots to the sights to help pickup on the target faster.

I would have said "the only 2 things I'd change, would be...." But I already changed out the FLGR for a "standard" length recoil guide. :) I'm an old fashioned sort of guy, on somethings, and I don't like the FLGR. :)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Kimber Ultra Raptor II. Very comfortable with it...

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast