Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    Just got my CCW permit last week but I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II stainless I plan to carry. In the process of finding a holster, ordered a Crossbreed this weekend to try.
    You might want to consider the Phantom... Condition 1 of course.

Your gonna love that crossbreed!
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." -- Mark Twain

I carry a Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911. Perfect size... Concealable... Packs a punch...
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." -- Mark Twain

Kimber Eclipse Pro currently, replaced a Kimber Crimson Carry. Sometimes I carry my Hk USPc .40, but not as often as I used to.

Carry My Grandfathers Colt 1911 wont leave home without it......

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Carry My Grandfathers Colt 1911 wont leave home without it......
    Your grandfather's Colt 1911? I think I'd put that in a safe or something, and go buy another, say a Rock Island for a carry weapon.

But that's just me. :)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.
    Mine is the compact model. Starting having failure to feed, polished feed ramp, problem solved. +1 on white dot sights, would help, haven't got that done as yet.

Kimber SIS ProCarry - any "good" gun is going to be reliable if you take care of it, but do beware of the Saturday Nite Specials! There are several brands I consider to be expensive rocks.....

Hmm looks like a meeting of the Kimber CCW club lol.

I carry a Taurus PT1911 with a CrossBreed Holster. The holster was the best investment I could have made. And I'm not that big of a guy and its fully concealed (5'9", 185)...
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

11. I've got a box of holsters including a Crossbreed* which I loved, Nylon web, leather, Kydex, etc. Never could get one to be comfortable and easy to draw from and be utterly concealable all at the same time. And then there's the quality issue. After years of frustration, I finally just made my own. I carry a government sized 1911 in a Kydex/leather hybrid thumb break of my own design. Great retention, snug fit, easy draw.

*bought my Crossbreed when they first came out, mine was purchased in early '05 and it fit like a glove. Possibly the most comfortable and concealable holster I have ever tried. Design was A+ but quality was D- and service was F. I've heard that things have improved now but have no recent personal experience. I think Tucker Gun Leather was first with the design and they do make a beautiful holster too.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast