Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

1. I carry a kimber compact cdp,very good weight and easy to conceal as it has a 4inch barrel and shorter grip with the melted frame for smooth draw.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Tho I don't carry or own (any more) any 1911's, there are a number of departments out there that use them, and many people have used them successfully. They are beautiful, fairly thin and therefore easier to conceal than some other comparable handguns. ...Still wish i had my Taurus PT1911!

As for me, I haven't trained with a thumb safety so I'm in no hurry to carry a handgun for SD with one. To those that have, rest assured many of us "Glockers" do respect your decision to carry and train with a 1911.

One more thing, there is no such thing as a better style handgun for any one person than the one the person believes to be the best for his or herself.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. Holster

Black Hills Leather I'd my choice for CC holsters. Great products at reasonable price.

5. 1911 of the easy to roll

Have both a Para Slim Hawg and a Kimber Ultta Carry II. Few problems with feed in the Para.

I usually carry my 3.5" Colt Night Officer or my 4.25" S&W 1911. Cant argue with the 1911 for SD / Concealed carry. Very concealable due to flat profile.

I carry a Colt Defender 3" .45 acp most of the time.

Wink

i switched to a kimber kimpro, 4 in. barrel, full grip, 6 months ago. before that i carried a kimber ultra carry from 1999-2011. neither gun has ever failed in any manner, period. also switched my holster up when i went to the kimpro, to a blackhawk serp 2. carry strong side hip(rt). with a serpa double mag pouch on the left. with the ultra carry, i put over 5000 rounds through it, then replaced the recoil spring after learning it's supposed to be replaced like every 1500 rounds or so. excellent weapons both. got the kimpro, used, unfired for $650.00 from my local shop. seems the previous owner wasn't ready for a 1911 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger45 View Post
    i switched to a kimber kimpro, 4 in. barrel, full grip, 6 months ago. before that i carried a kimber ultra carry from 1999-2011. neither gun has ever failed in any manner, period. also switched my holster up when i went to the kimpro, to a blackhawk serp 2. carry strong side hip(rt). with a serpa double mag pouch on the left. with the ultra carry, i put over 5000 rounds through it, then replaced the recoil spring after learning it's supposed to be replaced like every 1500 rounds or so. excellent weapons both. got the kimpro, used, unfired for $650.00 from my local shop. seems the previous owner wasn't ready for a 1911 yet.
    And there are many that never will be ready for a 1911. They just can't handle them in .45 ACP.

Colt Light Weight Commander.

Stainless Commander

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast