Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Colt Lightweight Commander

Psalm 82:3-5

I carry a Caspian 1911 that I built.

S&W 1911 4.25" Scandium - 28 oz.
    Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun-s-w-1911-sc.jpg
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

I carry a para Expert GI 45 acp, most of the time. other times I carry a Springfiels tactical XD 45 acp will not carry anything less than 45 cal.

Kimber ultra carry .45

Wow, I am thankful for the posts, I thought I was the only one with a Kimber fetish. The CDP II is a grand piece. I worked my way up from the Ultra Carry and have three other Kimbers. The mid-size Eclipse is a must for me. The 1911, going on 101 years now, is tried and true.

Is that an extreme, the Para and the XD? I do not have a working knowledge of the XD but I am fascinated with the excitement of the brand. What is your evaluation of the XD and its numerous models? I have had the S&W .45 but found it very heavy, selling it after six months, unfired. The Para-s I had, one being the double action, are too bulky for an old man. Think? OH. I read the first part of your post over, It is a G.I. not a .45-14?

9. Question for you I own a para and the black finish is wearing off just from handling and being holstered. Do you have this same problem?

10. Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBulldog View Post
    Question for you I own a para and the black finish is wearing off just from handling and being holstered. Do you have this same problem?
    Holster wear...get use to it..

Trophy match .."springer"
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

A Para or Kimber is in my dreams. Have used a Norinco for years. It's a full sized brick but I cannot remember ever having a jam after hundreds of rounds of many different brands of ammo.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast