Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 21
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

1. Springer TRP in stainless...1500rds., 3 hiccups with reloaded ammo...otherwise,DEADLY accurate and reliable. I carry year round in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster. To me,plenty comfortable..even in shorts, with an untucked fishing shirt..like the ones you can get from BassPro Shops...works for me!..

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    "Who carries a 1911 as your self defense gun?", you ask. Well, if you are asking the reader that question, then you'd be asking that question to say, me. Soooooo, who out there carries a 1911 as MY self defense gun? I don't know! Anyone out there carrying a 1911 as my self defense gun?

Hehe, I know, but I couldn't resist. Sometimes boredom will make you be as nit-picky as a nit-picker, yo.

Have a great day, and know that if you practice, practice, practice (draw stroke) and if using the ammo that your particular 1911 will be dependable with, you will be very well armed.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Daily carry

Depending on clothing / cover garments for the day, I carry either a full-size Wilson CQB or a Commander (4") size Kimber Custom Carry HD. Both are fitted with Crimson Trace Master Series LaserGrips. IWB holster is Crossbreed, OWB's are Bodyguard and Combat models made by D.M. Bullard of Azle, Tx. Nothing but praise for all of the above equipment, although I have had a few disappointments in previous equipment before settling on these.

Couldn't agree more on the magazines. I like the Wilson Combat ETM (#500) due to their follower design. If you have a "finicky" 1911 (especially a short-barrelled version), try a few Wilson mags before you give up on the pistol. You may find the pistol is NOT the problem.

6. Kimber Ultra Carry II LG Daily. Super comfy. Surprisingly, just as accurate as my Sig P226 RTS.

Colt Wiley Clapp 1911

8. who carries 1911

I carry Kimber Super Carry Pro 45...4 in barrel, very accurate and is concealable with my IWB Holster from Galco

Carried a para slim hawg. Decided I needed another para. Only bigger, more rounds. Purchased the gun rights model. 5 inch 14 rounds. It's nice. Stainless:)

My summer carry is Kimber Super Carry Ultra HD and my winter Sig Sauer 1911 GSR TTT. I love the weight and balance, wouldn't trade em for anything. The Sigs a laser at 25 and Kimbers not bad for a 3"

Just started carrying RIA 1911 38 Super. In transition mode to full time.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast