Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Believe it or not... I carry a Taurus 5 inch 1911 government model in winter. The only place I can fit it on my body is in an Fist Kydex IWB in the small of the back. In warmer weather you will catch me with a Kahr P45

I carry a S&W Sigma 9mm, but now purchased a Glock 36. Once I get used to the Glock, that'll be my primary carry

4. I carry a Springfield XD 45 or a XD 40.

I also carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II. and have for a few years. I have been a 1911 guy ever since I fired my father's model 80 that he carried on duty as a LOE. Wheel guns have there time and place, but the 1911 will always be number 1 to me
    > "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    > Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

6. I carry the full size RIA Tactical 5" in a Ross Leather IWB - 6'2 240 LBS - plenty of room to hide it

Ammo?

I tried Gold Dot, Glaser Safety and Federal Premium Hydra-Shok hollow points and the Federal Premium is what I ended up sticking with. I liked the concept of the Glaser rounds but no one in my town carries them and I'm not a huge fan of internet ordering every single batch of ammo so I stuck with the Federal Premium. I was very happy to find that their Hydra-Shok comes in regular and low-recoil in several calibers.
    "Someday someone may kill me with my own gun, but they'll have to beat me to death with it because it'll be empty." - Unknown

Wolf 230 grain FMJ steel case for plinking. Magtech 230 grain FMJ for carry. I don't see what's wrong with a little penetration when you're talking about the slower moving .45. I'll probably get some hydra shock just for the carry clips when I'm not so lazy or cheap.

The Ammoman and The Armory are top notch for internet purchase sites. I've also boought from Cheaper Than Dirt and Cabelas. I've not had a problem so far. I know what I'm looking for, so I just check stock and price. All sent via ground, and I always get mine within 10 days of order for in stock items. I've not found anything as cheaply priced locally than what's on the internet. Example would be PMC 223 is close to double the price at the gun store than online

Full size Kimber Custom TLE II, with a Galco Jackass shoulder holster,with two spare 8 rd. mags.

10. I carry a Para LTC nearly every time I carry (which is whenever I leave the house). I use a variety of holsters, but primarily an IWB summer special style one. It works out well and is easy to conceal with the right clothing choices.

I carry my Para Ordnance Carry 9, when I need a break from my G26.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast