Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Used to carry a S&W 5" 1911 and now I carry a S&W 4.25" 1911PD. I also will carry a G30 in a shoulder rig from time to time. S&W 340PD snubbie in .357 and a M&P 9mm. I really prefer the 4.25" 1911.

3. Kimber Tactical Custom II with 2 spare mags. I'm a pretty decent-size guy, no issues with concealment at all.

kimber cdp ii pro. love it.

5. Carry a Para Slim Hawg .45 in a Sparks VMII

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    Kimber PRO Carry did not know that there was anything else
    Last edited by bojeffnc; 04-22-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    Kimber PRO Carry did not know that there was anything else

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Shootest View Post
    Hello
    I was curious as to how many of carry a 1911 for your SD gun.
    And also if you know of any law enforcement/Military that carry 1911's or where I could maybe find info on that please let me know.?
    Thanks

I'm happy to see that a lot of people still carry a 1911 for SD. There is so much talk about the 1911 not being reliable, that it discourages a lot I think.
    I mean really if you practice and take care of your weapon I don't think you would need to be concerned with any weapon.
    After all what would the odds be, for a 1911 or any other hand gun failing on the first or even the 2nd or third shot fired?
    If you should ever need your gun in SD situation The first one or three shots will most likely take of it. And I for one always carry a BUG of some kind anyway.
    So what do you think the odds are of your SD gun not firing when you need it?
    Even with some of the most unreliable weapons I have owned they would almost always fire a number of rds before a failure happened.

One of my carry guns, my Star PD, is basically a 1911, so I guess I can count myself part of this group
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
    One of my carry guns, my Star PD, is basically a 1911, so I guess I can count myself part of this group
    So you carry a *PD for SD? Cool

11. Ironhorse,

One of my carry guns is a Star Firestar M43. Love the gun, its just a little on the heavy side. Mostly carry it in the winter with a large jacket and a super slide holster.

Woody,

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast