Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

1. Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Hello
    I was curious as to how many of carry a 1911 for your SD gun.
    And also if you know of any law enforcement/Military that carry 1911's or where I could maybe find info on that please let me know.?
    Thanks

I'm happy to see that a lot of people still carry a 1911 for SD. There is so much talk about the 1911 not being reliable, that it discourages a lot I think.
    I mean really if you practice and take care of your weapon I don't think you would need to be concerned with any weapon.
    After all what would the odds be, for a 1911 or any other hand gun failing on the first or even the 2nd or third shot fired?
    If you should ever need your gun in SD situation The first one or three shots will most likely take of it. And I for one always carry a BUG of some kind anyway.
    So what do you think the odds are of your SD gun not firing when you need it?

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II (officer's model 3"). It's lightweight, fairly concealable, controllable, and still carries a mean punch. Without knocking other carry options, the 1911 is my personal favorite. I love the grip safety and thumb safety, but again, these are my personal choices.

I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry II for the last 3 years. Just sold it and bought a Kimber CDP II.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I carry a Colt series 80 officers model.
    If you get to thinkin you're a person of some influence, try orderin' someone else's dog around

6. Kimber CDP II is what I carry. Love it!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

wolfhunter Guest
    I carry a Para Warthog and love it.

Kimber Pro Carry Stainless w/ night sights. Absolutely LOVE it, and feel naked without it.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Just got my CCW permit last week but I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II stainless I plan to carry. In the process of finding a holster, ordered a Crossbreed this weekend to try.

wolfhunter Guest
    Cruz, you'll love the CrossBreed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Cruz, you'll love the CrossBreed.
    Go ahead and get some saddle soap to stop the creaking noise. Other than that there is no problem. I love mine.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast