Good belt for carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good belt for carry

Good belt for carry

I wear a belt every day. Usually I try to find a sturdy black leather belt with a non-descript, non-flashy generic metal buckle. Problem is, I carry my Glock 27 in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB, a digital pager (Fire Dept), an 800Mhz digital radio (FD also), A blackberry & a personal cellphone. In short, I have a LOT of cr*p on my belt!

And they break and warp and fall apart within 6 months.

Does anyone know of a decent belt I can buy on-line that's not flashy, not too wide that will last? Nylon would be fine, possibly with a black-painted steel buckle.

Thanks,
    Mike

Try 5.11 tactical they are nondescript and have a plastic stiffener inside. Follow their site advice on size. Price ain't is in line with any quality dress belt.
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Mike...
    I, too, used to carry all that stuff.. I found that plain jane black or brown Carhartt belts wore very well. BUT, I added a pair of 2" wide, again, plain black, Carhartt Suspenders to the mix. I may have a plain black vest or work coat over every thing. Aint stylen but works..
    Semper Fi

Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

I have used one of these for about 2 years and it's still working great. Takes a heavy load with no stretching or twisting. I got the straight one, no taper.
    It's been quit awhile but I believe if you call them you can ask for the color buckle you want.
    Also to match my Comp-tac holsters with velcro hooks i got the Velcro lining option.

Comp-Tac : Products

Bridle Leather Belts

Go here:

Filson - Shop By Category: Accessories: Belts & Suspenders: Search for

The belts Filson makes will outlast you! No kidding.

I use an "Instructor" belt from The Wilderness. I love it.
    - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Wow. Thanks for all the quick replies! I went the cheap route and got the 1.5" TDU belt from 5.11 for $17 shipped. Although, I did like those Comp-Tac's. I may need to get one of those as a dress belt. But I got a shoulder holster for when I wear a suit.

I'm not big on fashion. I'm not required to wear a BDU at work, so I just wear a job shirt & jeans and that usually extends off-duty as well.
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.

wolfhunter Guest
    Check out the Liger belts at Maxpedition's website for dressier (business casual) belts. I use an Uncle Mike's nylon Instructor belt for my jeans.

If you live in a more rural area you can try what I did in college in Athens, GA: I went into a saddlery and asked if they could make a belt to match my holster. They referred me to a local saddlemaker who turned out a thick sonfoa* belt for me to nearly exactly match my galco brown holster. Best part was I chose the hardware, the tooling, the entire design. All for $20. I still use the belt today, 13yrs later. And the quality is outstanding - you could probably tow a 1500 w.this!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    If you live in a more rural area you can try what I did in college in Athens, GA: I went into a saddlery and asked if they could make a belt to match my holster. They referred me to a local saddlemaker who turned out a thick sonfoa* belt for me to nearly exactly match my galco brown holster. Best part was I chose the hardware, the tooling, the entire design. All for $20. I still use the belt today, 13yrs later. And the quality is outstanding - you could probably tow a 1500 w.this!
    Do 1500s often need to be towed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast