Summer Carry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Carry.

1. Summer Carry.

I know that sounds like a leggy 70s model, sorry.

I grew up wearing suits and jackets. It's second nature. In the fall and winter, carrying is effortless. I have a vertical shoulder holster that I like, and even though my weapon is the PX-4 Storm full size, with my holster and jackets everything just simply fits. So, winter is covered. But then, summer.

Hand in hand with wearing jackets as a youth, I have also always tucked my shirt in. I hate the shirt out look. I hate the "UnTucked" clothing line. Hate, HATE, HATE!!! But now, as I've started carrying regularly again, I do see the advantage.

But I still HATE it.

What are the options that remain in the summer if I don't want to wear my shirt out and I really don't want to go with an "in band" holster? I've researched, and come up with nothing. I'm hoping someone here can help.

TIA.
    (First post, be nice.)

All the best,

TL

P.S., I live in Pennsylvania, and have a concealed carry permit. We do not open carry here.

3. (
    ... well, was hoping I'd have a solution by now ...
    )

ankle carry
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

5. Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    ankle carry

Can you go ankle with a full sized weapon?
    ( and I was hoping for something that works with shorts )

But I hadn't thought of this.
    Summer carry might require pants.

Thanks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheLefty View Post
    I know that sounds like a leggy 70s model, sorry.

I grew up wearing suits and jackets. It's second nature. In the fall and winter, carrying is effortless. I have a vertical shoulder holster that I like, and even though my weapon is the PX-4 Storm full size, with my holster and jackets everything just simply fits. So, winter is covered. But then, summer.

Hand in hand with wearing jackets as a youth, I have also always tucked my shirt in. I hate the shirt out look. I hate the "UnTucked" clothing line. Hate, HATE, HATE!!! But now, as I've started carrying regularly again, I do see the advantage.

But I still HATE it.

What are the options that remain in the summer if I don't want to wear my shirt out and I really don't want to go with an "in band" holster? I've researched, and come up with nothing. I'm hoping someone here can help.

TIA.
    (First post, be nice.)

All the best,

TL

P.S., I live in Pennsylvania, and have a concealed carry permit. We do not open carry here.
    Im not 100% certain what in-band means but the CrossBreed Modular Belly Band is a great option or you can try. If you are wanting to go standard IWB you can always go with a SuperTuck and use either the J-Clips or V-Clips

Don't carry a full size gun. Something small enough to pocket carry, maybe a Ruger LCP or similar. Then it doesn't matter, shorts, pants, tucked in, not tucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLefty View Post
    (
    ... well, was hoping I'd have a solution by now ...
    )
    This place has just turned into a ghost town lately.

But I used to carry my Ruger LC9s in a Cross Breed IWB holster and although it was much more comfortable than the Alien Gear cloak tuck holster I had before, it just got too uncomfortable all together in an IWB holster. Open carry is about as comfortable as it gets, I just choose not to open carry. My little 22 magnum revolver fits good in a pocket tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheLefty View Post

Can you go ankle with a full sized weapon?
    ( and I was hoping for something that works with shorts )

But I hadn't thought of this.
    Summer carry might require pants.

Thanks.
    I bought a couple of pairs of tactical shorts that work well for pocket carrying my Ruger. Even with its extended magazine. Carry it in a little Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They do have tuckable holsters, otherwise, pocket carry is your only other option. I feel the exact opposite as you do...I hate tucking in a shirt especially in the summer time!!
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

11. Belly band is an option I've been considering trying cuz i want to be able to wear sport shorts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast