summer time carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: summer time carry

1. here in south georgia, a wallet holster and MR ME380 works best for me

New (sort of) concealed carrier in VA

I've had my VA CCW since the summer of 2005, but rarely carried since I had a full size GLOCK 21. Personally, I just didn't want the hassle of people knowing I was carrying... but have since downgraded to a GLOCK 27. Turns out for me, with my wardrobe, that too can sometimes be a hassle to conceal, especially if I'm in jeans and a T shirt. My roomate is letting me try out his snub nose S&W .357 to see how I like it (after 2 days it's night and day). The next gun show up my way, I'm trading my GLOCK in for something similar, as these types of weapons don't spot too much with anything you wear... glad to be carrying again though...

Quote Originally Posted by jdavid17 View Post
    Crazy Horse Lady:

I admire your pluck and determination, and your passion to make your point about being allowed to carry.

However, I am am not being critical, just thinking out loud, is it detrimental to our 'cause' to inflame those how do not carry?

I feel people who do not carry are threatened by those who do. I believe this is because they do not trust those who carry to be discrete and rationale in their use of a weapon. They have no reason to trust, because they do not know the people carrying.

I think the best course is to carefully conceal and avoid attention.

I recall the discussion in our CCW class: Why do you want to avoid people knowing you carry?

Because in a battle situation, the bad guys will do their best to eliminate those who they know may be a threat.

Just a thought. Thanks for considering it.
    JDavid...your not being critical, I am here to learn and to hear others opinions, so I value everyone who has commented.

If I don't have to carry open I don't. I was at a restaurant that served alcohol, therefore, I had to carry open. For the moment, Virginia does not allow those who carry a weapon to carry concealed where alcohol is being served. That was why I had my sweatshirt tucked behind my weapon.

Otherwise, your spot on...I don't want the bad guy to know I am the first one they should take out, want to go home to my family and be able to hug them.

But too, others have given some great ideas and their thoughts on why they carry open, and as I get even more comfortable I will not mind the stares or the off comments or snide remarks. And who knows, maybe those men at the restraunt read their history and were thinking about Calamity Jane and her way with pistols?
    Last edited by Cari A.; 03-23-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling error

I carry a Kimber 1911 in what passes for winter here in Central Texas, but when it's warm I'm usually in cargo shorts and a t-shirt. I pocket carry a Kahr PM-9 in a Mika or DeSantis pocket holster. I think open carry is fine, but I prefer that my gun be a surprise to anyone I might need to use it on. Pocket carry is a great way to solve that problem. You can keep your hand on the gun and nobody knows ...
    "Neatness counts, but bullets often count more." Elvis Cole, World's Greatest Detective

Smart Carry thet are made in Largo Florida. great way to conceal in the heat. I will post website later.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2redfish View Post
    Smart Carry thet are made in Largo Florida. great way to conceal in the heat. I will post website later.
    SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
    I've had my VA CCW since the summer of 2005, but rarely carried since I had a full size GLOCK 21. Personally, I just didn't want the hassle of people knowing I was carrying... but have since downgraded to a GLOCK 27. Turns out for me, with my wardrobe, that too can sometimes be a hassle to conceal, especially if I'm in jeans and a T shirt. My roomate is letting me try out his snub nose S&W .357 to see how I like it (after 2 days it's night and day). The next gun show up my way, I'm trading my GLOCK in for something similar, as these types of weapons don't spot too much with anything you wear... glad to be carrying again though...

Hey Spuds,

Change your wardrobe and holster, not your gun. There is no need to keep downsizing. Pay for a quality IWB holster SPECIFICALLY made for your gun. Then, buy shorts and t-shirts one size bigger. I carry here in Arizona where the temps get up to 115 and I carried a S&W .45 Chiefs Special and now a Glock 30 .45 and I have no problems.

I carry a springfield xd9sc in a don hume H715-M T.B. holster. works for me
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt One.

As the weather becomes warmer. you have to be a bit more 'creative' in dressing around your sidearm. There are a variety of ways to go if you prefer to stay concealed. Choose which of your sidearms is preferred - and then 'dress around it'.
    Very Respectfully,
    CAPTAIN MIKE
    www.GetYourCCW.Biz

To Cari A.

I have and carry a North American Arms .22. It is very small and easy to conceal in any pocket. True, it is only a .22, but it is a good "get away from me" gun. I can hold it folded (it folds into its onw handle) in one hand and conceal it. check it out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234