What Do You Carry? - Page 19
Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 872

Thread: What Do You Carry?

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Glock 27 .40S&W 9+1 Galco Stealth ankle holster mainly as I wear slacks to work everyday. This rig hides well under slacks and believe me it needs to be well concealed while at the office. I am also now carrying a G23 IWB at the office and using the G27 as a BUG. When I am on duty as a reserve deputy my primary is the Glock 20 and again I use my G27 with ankle holster as BUG.

    Stealth Ankle Holster - GlockStore.com

    I also use the belly band when wearing shorts, jeans etc.
    Last edited by Glockster20; 03-04-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Change in carry methods

  2.   
  3. #182

    for CCW

    I have been carring for about 4 years here in Florida. I carry a Keltec PF9 w/belt clip, Always carry my Kimber Pro Carry .45 in my car, and also use my Kimber IWB in cooler weather.

  4. #183
    Primarily OC (Summer months anyway) of a Taurus PT92 Stainless using a Desantis Yaqui slide.

    Wanting a 1911

    Probably going to get my wife a .380 for her purse.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

  5. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Might I suggest the brand new Ruger LCP.

    The Ruger LCP? - Lightweight Compact Pistol

    I am considering it for an additional gun for my wife. She currently carries a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro.

  6. #185
    I've carried alot of guns over the years. On occasion when the mood strikes, I'll go back to the trusty 1911 I used for years. Or perhaps a .44 Spl or .45 Colt revolver just to be different.
    However, 90% of the time this is what's riding on my hip these days.

    Smith & Wesson Model 13 .357 Magnum 3" barrel.

  7. Undergunned?

    I am beginning to feel a little undergunned from the conversation so far. I carry a Kel Tek 380 in a hip pocket holster for work each day. I can carry it all day without any discomfort and it is always accessable. Working in a shirt and tie enviorment all day, with all the heat in the highplains area of the southwest, wearing a coat is out of the question, unless I am wanting to risk heatstroke. The major difference is that as I got older my hips have disappeared and packing a heavy gun pulls my pants down. Very hard to look cool while holding up your pants with one hand.

  8. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    Primarily OC (Summer months anyway) of a Taurus PT92 Stainless using a Desantis Yaqui slide.

    Wanting a 1911

    Probably going to get my wife a .380 for her purse.

    I STRONGLY advise that she carry on her person. Knowing the way that Mr. Murphy works, the day she'll need her firearm it will be sitting nicely in her purse on the other side of the booth at the local fast food joint.

    Try out a bunch of holsters, I'm sure that she'll find something that she's comfortable with.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  9. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate PO View Post
    I am beginning to feel a little undergunned from the conversation so far. I carry a Kel Tek 380 in a hip pocket holster for work each day. I can carry it all day without any discomfort and it is always accessable. Working in a shirt and tie enviorment all day, with all the heat in the highplains area of the southwest, wearing a coat is out of the question, unless I am wanting to risk heatstroke. The major difference is that as I got older my hips have disappeared and packing a heavy gun pulls my pants down. Very hard to look cool while holding up your pants with one hand.
    Undergunned?? Not at all! A well placed shot from your .380 and it's lights out bad guy! Your weapon is going to do the job it was designed to do and that's protect your life. Don't under estimate the .380, it is a lethal round! Give it some credit. If someone asked me if I would rather be shot by a .45 or a .380? I would have to say neither

  10. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I STRONGLY advise that she carry on her person. Knowing the way that Mr. Murphy works, the day she'll need her firearm it will be sitting nicely in her purse on the other side of the booth at the local fast food joint.

    Try out a bunch of holsters, I'm sure that she'll find something that she's comfortable with.



    gf
    I'll see. She's not as comfortable with OC as I am, and not very many bits of her clothing lend themselves well to CC.

    If I can get her to carry at all she'll be 1000% better off than what she is now when I'm not with her. I think she's willing, it's just up to getting the paperwork through for her permit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Might I suggest the brand new Ruger LCP.

    The Ruger LCP? - Lightweight Compact Pistol

    I am considering it for an additional gun for my wife. She currently carries a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro.
    Looks like a nice piece. I'm currently a big taurus fan. After we've got her permit we're going to go shopping.

    We borrowed a friend of mine's compact glock 9mm, and the recoil was too much. It was too light and felt like it was jumping all over. She liked its weight for carrying it, but was not comfortable at all shooting it. She doesn't mind the recoil on the full-frame, but it's a bit much for her to carry she thinks.

    So I'm figuring a .380 compact for a little lower recoil, but still keep the weight down. I'm going to try to find a .38 revolver for her to try too. Not as many shots I know, but less thinking to operate. Maybe one of the newer hammerless designs. Not sure on the recoil of a compact .38 revolver though. Gonna have to find a couple to borrow and go to the range :)
    Last edited by squisher; 10-30-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: response to glockster
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

  11. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by squisher View Post
    Primarily OC (Summer months anyway) of a Taurus PT92 Stainless using a Desantis Yaqui slide.

    Wanting a 1911

    Probably going to get my wife a .380 for her purse.
    Purse carry is generally a bad idea. Won't do too much good against a purse snatcher.

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast