5 Shot at First Baptist Church in Illinois
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot at First Baptist Church in Illinois

Seeing as how this happened in the Peoples Republic Illinois there was probably no one but the gunman armed.

FOXNews.com - 5 Shot at First Baptist Church in Illinois - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Sunday, March 08, 2009

A gunman reportedly stepped onto the stage at First Baptist Church in Maryville, Ill. and opened fire, shooting five people, including the pastor, police said.

Parishioners charged the gunman, who was reportedly stabbed by one of them.

The church's pastor was shot three times, police said.

Six people, two in critical condition, were taken to a local hospital by helicopter.

Police said parishioners were in prayer at 8:55 a.m. when the incident happened.

The church has an average attendance of more than 1,200 and was officially organized on March 4, 1945, according to their Web site.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

PRIL, 'nuff said.....

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

The last I heard he tried to stab himself after his gun jammed. They should have helped him out!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

It's amazing how confusing the details coming out of an incident like this are. The version I just read says the gunman walked down the center isle, exchanged some words with the Pastor, pulled a .45 and started shooting. The pastor supposedly blocked/deflected the 1st round with his Bible, which looked like confetti flying everywhere. The gun jammed and the gunman pulled a knife. He was wrestled to the floor and sustained a bad neck wound. The 2 who wrestled him to the floor were also cut.

I'm sure the next revision will be out shortly.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

There is always to sides to what happened when something of this nature takes place. What everyone saw and what everyone thinks he/she saw.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm glad that the law allows me to carry in church here. I pray this never happens at my church but if it does the BG will be staring down the muzzle of several pistols. And that just be from the platform.

Be safe out there guys.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. Just one more reason why concealed carry should be allowed anywhere and everywhere.

I was in church this morning and between services when I got the news of this event. As always, I was carrying concealed in church. I simply don't understand local or state laws prohibiting carry in church when they allow carry most other places.

I guess ILL prohibits any kind of carry?

At first I wondered why anyone would conceal carry or otherwise in a church, after this I have since changed my mind as this is such a tragedy! How horrible those folks in that church were there to find peace and serenity and this f*cktard came and changed their day and lives forever! And it is probably going to be some selfish senseless reason like he was depressed or had a bad day or something else...

Churches, schools, shopping malls, etc.... Most of them "gun free zones".... these signs are just begging for some lunatic to come in and kill a bunch of defenseless people. All of my research points to the fact that these signs actually attract these monsters!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast