• Kydex

18 23.38%
  • Leather

59 76.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather or kydex

1. Leather or kydex

hi
    I was wondering what most who carry prefer Leather holster or a kydex holster and Why?

I've had leather, nylon fabric, and Kydex...

Kydex is my favorite because of 1) the low-profile 2) solid feel and 3) quick release

I just like the look, feel and smell of leather.

I voted for Kydex since I make my own Kydex holsters.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I like my leather and my kydex. I like the leather cause it an iwb. And its the first one I bought. I like my kydex cause its light weight. And durable. I'm getting ready to buy a cross breed and have the best of both worlds.
    Andrew

I put leather because I normally CC in with a Galco. I perfer a good kydex paddle holster when I can wear one.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

It really depends.

I like leather for daily carry because it is more comfortable, but I prefer kydex for carry in the field because it will stand up to water better. By “in the field” I mean out hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc. when you are in the woods or mountains and may have a close encounter of the wet kind.

Leather for OWB for looks, both for IWB as I have a Supertuck.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Kydex paddle for me, It doesn't stretch, good retention, easy to remove. I like leather but during the summer months it can get sweat soaked and stinky.

Or cloth

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast