CCW Error - Accidental Discharge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Error - Accidental Discharge

I have a PF-9 and it is DAO and has quite a strong trigger pull. To accidently fire that weapong would take a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    I have a PF-9 and it is DAO and has quite a strong trigger pull. To accidently fire that weapon would take a lot.
    I have both the Tarus PT-111 and a P3AT and agree that there is more to this story than in this article.

4. The pistol in the picture is a Kel-Tec P11 9mm. It looks like it is fitted with the trigger shoe and belt clip that Kel-Tec sells for that model.
    Either accessory would be ok on its own, but the combination would make it much more likely to cause an AD.
    I suspect that what happened is that he was carrying the pistol inside his waist band using the belt clip and as he sat down the pistol pushed up and when he pushed it back down, the trigger shoe caught on his belt or pants and fired the gun.

I own a P11 with a belt clip and plan on carrying it that way but do not have the trigger shoe.
    The P11 trigger guard is very wide compared to the trigger, and has about an 8 pound long double action pull. People add the trigger shoe to reduce the perception of the hard trigger pull but it is then almost as wide as the trigger guard.

Not the best time to be experimenting with your newest holster. What was that 2nd rule? Something about fingers and trigger??
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12