Advice

Thread: Advice

Advice

Have been carrying my Beretta PX4 Storm .40 for the last year or so. Great gun, absolutely reliable, fits like a glove. Matter of fact, it was the fit that made me choose it, since it was about the only thing that fit into my bear paws.

That said, it's too flippin' big to carry in the summer, and nothing in a single stack fits my hand - rapid draw aim is compromised. I've been looking for an XD subcompact, but back order seems to be the rule. Beretta can't seem to get the PX4 subcompact out in 40 cal. Any other thick grip recommendations, preferably with 10 round magzines (or grip entender)?

Thanks

glock g27 is a .40

Quote Originally Posted by sheashae View Post
    glock g27 is a .40
    What he said.... plus you can put the G23 magazine in it and use the extender sleeve;

Magazine Sleeve for Glock magazines - GlockStore.com

S&W M&P40c. I have big hands and the compact M&P fits me good. It also comes with 3 different backstraps to help customize the fit.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."--Thomas Jefferson

Try a S&W Chiefs Special .40 Model is CS40.

Also comes in .45

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Try a S&W Chiefs Special .40 Model is CS40.

Also comes in .45
    It was also manufactured in 9mm Luger

Why is the PX4 too big for summer carry? Go with an IWB for a full size and cover with a T shirt is completely possible. I do it all year long here in Florida. You might also consider a 'deep carry' rig. There are a couple of manufacturers of some very comfortable 'crotch hanger' deep cover carries. A lot cheaper than another pistol. Check out CrossBreed. One of the advertisers on this site.

Go with the PX4 sub-compact 9mm? or are you just trying to limit what calibers you have to buy?

i carry a xd- subcompact .40 here in texas... i just use a crossbreed supertuck and a baggy t-shirt and it covers fine. i Do wish however to get a smaller gun here at some point for when its REALLY hot so i can just throw into a pocket....

check online like at buds gun shop.com they have good prices and choices and should have a few to chose from.

good luck!