Registered In your name
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registered In your name

Registered In your name

I bought a gun from my supervisor at work, but the gun was not in his name. I called the local sherriff department and they said in Louisiana it did not matter. I later called the State Police and they told me the same thing. I made the sherriff run the serial numbers on it to make sure it had nothing against it. Does anyone know for sure if I can still carry it.

wolfhunter Guest
    Yes, you can. Most states do not have a gun registration requirement.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sheashae View Post
    I bought a gun from my supervisor at work, but the gun was not in his name. I called the local sherriff department and they said in Louisiana it did not matter. I later called the State Police and they told me the same thing. I made the sherriff run the serial numbers on it to make sure it had nothing against it. Does anyone know for sure if I can still carry it.
    I would go to a FFL dealer and sell it to him and buy it back. You could sell it for 1.00 and when he sells it back you would have a registered gun. I always want to have a handgun registered just to be safe..

Well I am glad to know that I can do that. If I have any problems with it I will make sure to do that.

wolfhunter Guest
    Unless you live in one of the communist republics that require handgun registration, selling it to an FFL and buying it back won't do anything except put a sheet of paper in his filing cabinet and an entry in his logbook. Even when he calls in the background check, all the info they want is about YOU. The only question they ask about the gun is, "Handgun or Long gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Unless you live in one of the communist republics that require handgun registration, selling it to an FFL and buying it back won't do anything except put a sheet of paper in his filing cabinet and an entry in his logbook. Even when he calls in the background check, all the info they want is about YOU. The only question they ask about the gun is, "Handgun or Long gun?"
    And will cost $30-$50 to have this done. No info about the gun on the FFL paperwork unless the dealer adds it afterwards to have traceability on who they sold the gun to. But, that would be the extent of it, no federal agency would know anything about it.

I prefer to have guns that are not in my name. Big brother has no business knowing what I have or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

The less big brother knows the better it is for us.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I guess you are right

Ther is NO WAY I'd 'voluntarily' register a gun. As others have said, one more way for big bro to monitor you. Here in MI it is law that the gun be registered, but I'd love to see that changed...
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast