Cobra Handgun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra Handgun

1. Angry Bad experience

I bought a new Cobra 9mm derringer through Gun Broker. FWIW, I already had a Kahr compact 9mm, and it's a fantastic pistol, but I wanted the Cobra for casual front pocket carry. No problem with the purchase, but when I opened the box and tried the trigger pull, my doubt of this gun's worth began. I can crush an empty beer can with my right hand, but you'd need this strength in your trigger finger to fire the Cobra. But that was just the beginning. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The trigger pull was worse than trying to pull a politician away from the pork barrel. That is, almost impossible. I got a shot off, cocked the pistol for the second barrel, and found that no amount of pressure would fire the pistol. In few words, then, out of the box this pistol is no more than a small piece of crap. I will contact Cobra today, and I'm sure they will ask me to forward it to them, but this will require mailing both ways through a gun dealer, which means added cost.
    My estimation is no one could put this much low quality into a firearm without great schooling. We'll see, and I'll report back with what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have learned that cheap tools are not worth betting your life on.

How much is your family and your lifes worth?
    priceless, but I don't have the funds atm to get a good smaller gun

Quote Originally Posted by nb8n View Post
    I bought a new Cobra 9mm derringer through Gun Broker. FWIW, I already had a Kahr compact 9mm, and it's a fantastic pistol, but I wanted the Cobra for casual front pocket carry. No problem with the purchase, but when I opened the box and tried the trigger pull, my doubt of this gun's worth began. I can crush an empty beer can with my right hand, but you'd need this strength in your trigger finger to fire the Cobra. But that was just the beginning. I fired it for the first time yesterday. The trigger pull was worse than trying to pull a politician away from the pork barrel. That is, almost impossible. I got a shot off, cocked the pistol for the second barrel, and found that no amount of pressure would fire the pistol. In few words, then, out of the box this pistol is no more than a small piece of crap. I will contact Cobra today, and I'm sure they will ask me to forward it to them, but this will require mailing both ways through a gun dealer, which means added cost.
    My estimation is no one could put this much low quality into a firearm without great schooling. We'll see, and I'll report back with what happens next.
    My cobra experience is a little better than that. Mine fires and everything, but I agree on the trigger pull takes a hammer to get the gun to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by sheashae View Post
    priceless, but I don't have the funds atm to get a good smaller gun
    Sheashae,

You should check out gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com... you might be able to find a good used sub-compact handgun that you can afford. Some of the sellers provide layaway service too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    I've been able to get ahold of .45's everytime I go to American shooter supply here in Vegas...they also sell re-loads wich are decent. haven't had any issues with the 300 rounds of those that I have shot..

where bout in Nevada are you at gdcleanfun??
    We're over the hump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12