CA CCW reciprocity bill introduced
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CA CCW reciprocity bill introduced

CA CCW reciprocity bill introduced

I posted this in the CA forum, but since it could effect all states, thought I post here as well.

AB 1167 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED

MEASURE : A.B. No. 1167
    AUTHOR(S) : Nielsen.
    TOPIC : Firearms: concealed firearm licenses: reciprocity.
    HOUSE LOCATION : ASM

TYPE OF BILL :
    Active
    Non-Urgency
    Non-Appropriations
    Majority Vote Required
    Non-State-Mandated Local Program
    Fiscal
    Non-Tax Levy

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 03/26/2009
    LAST HIST. ACTION : Referred to Com. on PUB. S.

TITLE : An act to add Section 12058 to the Penal Code, relating to firearms.

SECTION 1. Section 12058 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
    (a) Persons holding a valid permit or license to carry a concealed handgun from any state or a political subdivision of a state shall be deemed a licensee under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 12050.
    (b) The Department of Justice shall enter into reciprocity agreements with all other states that have the legal authority to enter into those agreements so that licensees under Section 12050 may carry firearms in those states pursuant to the conditions imposed by Section 12050. The department shall each month maintain and publish a list of those states with which this state has established reciprocity.

This is a start, hope it gets acted on. Contact you reps and keep it active.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

4. California? Recognize my CCL?

I'm not holding my breath.

5. Question?? I live in Michigan. I have a CPL. I am traveling through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and staying in South Carolina. I am making sure I can carry in all those states. Can someone confirm that the reciprocity map is accurate and I am using it correctly??

Carryall,

You're good in all those states. I envy you Michigan permit holders... you guys can carry in more states than I can, and I've got multiple permits...

That would be nice. There are areas of CA that I would like to visit it it ever happens. I will be surprised if it happens.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. I'll keep an eye on this one, but I won't be holding my breath :-)

Would be nice, then I can take the little one to visit the "Mouse House" on either coast.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

10. Carryall if you are using I-81 on your trip south you will go thru about 10 miles of Maryland where you must lock up your gun and ammo.

11. Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Carryall if you are using I-81 on your trip south you will go thru about 10 miles of Maryland where you must lock up your gun and ammo.
    Ahhhh yes....the freedom hating state of MD. I avoid every chance I get for a variety of reasons....and about 15 other states.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast