Looking for advice on knife selection - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice on knife selection

I carry a C.R.K.T. titanium all of the time. Good well made knife and decent price.

3. Ok, I messed up and posted a link to the plain Tanto, not the serrated; not sure how I did that: Here's a Cold Steel serrated tanto Voyager for $57:

CS-29LTS, Cold Steel Knives, Large Voyager Tanto, Serrated Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    As far as less than lethal does this actually apply? We were told in our CCW class that the something like 60% of people stabbed die and only 30 some odd % of people die who are shot?? Don't know if the guy was just blowing smoke but he seemd very sure of his statistics..
    The reason is the amount of damage done by a cut. a bullet will punch a hole, the size will depend on the type and size of round. Almost any cut will open a VERY large number of vessels and the person will bleed out almost every time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Sounds like fond memories.. Very cool.
    I had one of those folding knives with the fork and spoon in it. It was my pride and joy!!!
    At Boy Scout camp it came in handy...

I have 4 Benchmades, 2 Kershaws, 2 Swiss Army, 1 Schrade LB8, a Gerber bolt action, and a Buck or 2...

Can't beat a good knife...

Peace...
    I picked up a couple Ka-Bar Hobo's ( https://www.kabar.com/product/produc...arch%20Results ) as a replacement for the old Boy Scout knife you were talking about. One stays in my hunting coat and the other stays in the truck. I like it better than the Boy Scout knife because the spoon, knife and fork can be separated and used at the same time. I think Atlanta Cutlery was carrying them for like $20 back when I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    I picked up a couple Ka-Bar Hobo's ( https://www.kabar.com/product/produc...arch%20Results ) as a replacement for the old Boy Scout knife you were talking about. One stays in my hunting coat and the other stays in the truck. I like it better than the Boy Scout knife because the spoon, knife and fork can be separated and used at the same time. I think Atlanta Cutlery was carrying them for like $20 back when I got mine.

My eyes are filling with happy tears this very moment. I think I'm gonna have to order one..

I miss that old knife. I still have the old mess kit with the camping supplies.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

i posted my thoughts on carrying a knife without actually answering the question... $45 S&W assisted open, carry it everywhere and all the time...best $45 i've spent in quite a while...tanto with straight edge (i hate serrated knives)

SW Special Ops
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

wolfhunter Guest
    Cold Steel Urban Pal, Kershaw E.T., Leatherman Skeletool, and a Gerber box cutter

Have you looked at the CRKT Hissatsu folder? It comes in assisted and non-assisted models, and if you buy the assisted version, you can remove the spring if you dont like it. Its not a tool for general use, but designed as a weapon from the get-go. The CRKT site lists it at around $99, but if you shop around online, it can be had at right about the $60 mark. Amazon.com: Columbia River Knife and Tool 2903Q Hissatsu Folding… I personaly carry a Cold Steel Ti-lite and love it, but that was personal taste, and it fit my criteria.

I have to agree with Dr. Dave, the Cold Steel Voyager Tanto with the Serrated Blade is what you're looking for. The size is correct, the blades are sharp as hell and they are light to carry and has your pocket clip. They are easy to flick open with a flick of your thumb. Cold Steel also tests the crap of their blades and they show you on line what they'll stand up to. I carried one for years...I've since switched to Benchmade, but those as you know are at least twice if not three times the price. For what you've specified as your wants, seems to me Cold Steel is a good bet for you.

"I've since switched to Benchmade, but those as you know are at least twice if not three times the price."

FYI, Benchmade offers a blue and a red-box knife. Red-box is the cheap "Made in China" type and the blue-box is the more expensive, Made in USA knife. I collect automatics (switchblades) and they make some fine ones which LEO's carry.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast