Looking for advice on knife selection - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice on knife selection

Since this post started over a year and a half ago, I have to ask the question: Did you get a knife yet? And if so give details of what you got and how you like it.

3. I just got a new auto knife the other day and I am very happy with it. It is a Kersaw Breakout with a plain blade. Price was $69.00. Very good blade action, fast. Safety is in a very nice position that feels very normal. It came with a very well shaped edge that needs no reshaping. Metal clip is very strong and is moveable from one side to the other but is always setup so tip is up. It has a hole for a lanyard line. Blade is 3.5". Purchased online from Bladeops.com

Here's a nice Auto for ya, Herbertz Springtac. Outlawed in Germany in 2003.

5. Wonder why it was outlawed?

Here is the only site I know of where you can still get genuine, German, Herbertz knives. Herbertz Springtag and Special Edition. Automatic Knife. Switchblade
    Mine does not have the printing on the blade, just SPRINGTAC embossed in the aluminum frame. I guess they got fancy as they were ending the series. As to why they were outlawed there, who knows.

7. Looks like a stout as hell knife!! I will have to check them out.

They are nice if you can find one. I am surprised this place still had any. Most are trading in the $500.00 range now. I know that Herbertz are making the blades in China or some other country for most of their knives, so I'm not sure about this site having the real German ones.

I don't know that they make a tanto pattern blade but Kershaw is hard to beat for the price. Pretty hard to beat regardless of price, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I don't know that they make a tanto pattern blade but Kershaw is hard to beat for the price. Pretty hard to beat regardless of price, actually.
    +1 I own most of their line of knives and love them all.http://www.thekershawstore.com/Kersh...1670tblkst.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    OK, this is a bit off topic, but, why a knife??
    In my case it's because all of my CC guns suck at peeling apples or cutting strings.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast