Looking for advice on knife selection - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Looking for advice on knife selection

handgonnetoter Guest
    I always carry my pocket clip knife, but if I cannot CC I lash my SOG "Seal Team Pup" to my belt.

Knives are very useful as defensive weapons. However, training is a must. Before you get to that point, one must select the correct knife. Things such as locking systems, and steel quality are of the utmost importance!

There are a lot of knives out there that look good, inexpensive, and really a piece of junk unless you are peeling apples. One thing often over looked is the locking system. Cheap spring locks can be a liability when you grip the knife in a fight as the spring can disengage as you tighten the grip. This will lead to you getting cut first by yourself, and then getting hurt by the bad guy!

Edges that roll, or break render the knife little more than a paper weight. Being an instructor in defensive tactics, and having received years of training in the use, and defense of knife attacks I have decided that my knife will go with me every where I carry my side arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
    Now that I are a legal CCW-er type guy, I'm looking at my "less than lethal" options, too - most notably, a knife. State laws forbid carrying anything with more than a 4" blade. I've pretty much decided upon a folding tanto. If my pockets were bottomless, I'd just buy a benchmade and be done with it, but I'm on a budget. I'l looking to keep it in the $60 range, and I'd like it to have a belt clip.

So.. any suggestions on a good folding tanto with less than 4" of blade and a belt clip in the $60 range?
    I guess I've lost track of how many times this question appears. If you're trying to find a knife with Benchmade quality at a Walmart price, good luck. Unless you are very lucky at a garage sale it just is not going to happen. My suggestion is to save your money and buy a Benchmade and be done with it. After all, it is your life you're talking about. S2

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2 View Post
    I guess I've lost track of how many times this question appears. If you're trying to find a knife with Benchmade quality at a Walmart price, good luck. Unless you are very lucky at a garage sale it just is not going to happen. My suggestion is to save your money and buy a Benchmade and be done with it. After all, it is your life you're talking about. S2
    As I previously stated in this thread:

FYI, Benchmade offers a blue and a red-box knife. Red-box is the cheap "Made in China" type and the blue-box is the more expensive, Made in USA knife. I collect automatics (switchblades) and they make some fine ones which some LEO's carry. Good Luck.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve02C5 View Post
    As I previously stated in this thread:

FYI, Benchmade offers a blue and a red-box knife. Red-box is the cheap "Made in China" type and the blue-box is the more expensive, Made in USA knife. I collect automatics (switchblades) and they make some fine ones which some LEO's carry. Good Luck.
    Now, that I did not know. Thanks for the heads up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567