How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds? - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds?

I would just Looooooooooooove to walk into the Mickey Dees here in town and see every one of the employees openly carrying. Now that would be so very BEE-YOU-TEE-MUSS!

I like the feedback. Again this is not a dream job and so can not want to quit working with 15 year olds who think they are the **** because they have worked at the job for years. I was not talking about carrying when i was working. Just keeping it in my locked car and putting it on after work and carrying when i'm off the clock if i feel the need to get something to eat.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I just want to say I totally respect you for taking this stupid fast food job and thinking of your family first. So many people laid off due to no fault of their own think working at these places is beneath them, meanwhile their families suffer more. Plus it blows holes in the arguments these jobs will only be done by illegal immigrants.

It's not forever, and good luck on your job search.

I carried knives at work that posted no weapons. it got to the point where I was selling knives, swords, stun guns etc to everyone who worked there .I had over half the auto plant as customers.
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

In FL a law was passed to force employers to allow firearms kept in vehicles in the parking area (read, lot).

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberSniper View Post
    In FL a law was passed to force employers to allow firearms kept in vehicles in the parking area (read, lot).
    Just remember that this only applies to CC'ers. Those without CWLs must abide by company policy.

Exclamation unless you work in one of the following

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Just remember that this only applies to CC'ers. Those without CWLs must abide by company policy.
    Aerospace
    defense/defense contarctor
    explosives,
    National Security

These were all exempted from FL's patking lot gun laws because Uncle sam said so.

That being said, having a .22 rolling around in the bed of your truck is a "you've been let go" offense here I work.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation I agree with stiofan

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I just want to say I totally respect you for taking this stupid fast food job and thinking of your family first. So many people laid off due to no fault of their own think working at these places is beneath them, meanwhile their families suffer more. Plus it blows holes in the arguments these jobs will only be done by illegal immigrants.

It's not forever, and good luck on your job search.
    I worked slinging coffee for Starbucks while I looked for the job I have now. I had to put food on the table and a hungry stomach is the last thing I wanted my wife and kids to experience.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

NH here and I work in MA.. My Co. says, No Weapons allowed on Company premises. Therefore I do not carry in the building but I leave the firearm locked in the car. Parking lot is not owned by the Company. My Company is worldwide but where I am there are only 8 of us at this branch. I HAVE brought my firearm into the building and left it in my jacket (it's now in the car). I'm off the "clock" at 4p.m., but the office is open till 5. If I had to go back to work for something I forgot, I would be carrying........but concealed (MA.). I see your point about being off the clock and going in as a "Customer". And I do not see a problem with it. The rule as you explained it was for employee's not for Customers. That would be my argument should something come about of it. As a Customer, if there was a sign on the establishment then I would have to adhere to it. I do not know the Rules Of Conduct at McD's nor do I know how their set-up is for dressing room etc. If You're comfortable wearing it at work, then keep it CONCEALED and DO NOT tell ANYONE at work as someone on here already mentioned. If You're not comfortable wearing it, then I do not see a problem keeping it in the vehicle since You mentioned it's a large parking lot with other businesess which means McD's does not own the parking lot(I'm sure They pay rent on a part of it but does not mean it is in Their name). With that being said, I would still use discretion when out at your vehicle because Others do not know who You are or what You are doing. All and all, my Company does not allow it but I have brought it in (not wearing it; can't for the type work I do), and now I leave it in the vehicle, and if I went back into the building on MY time it would be Concealed anyway. If You got caught with it on Company time, the worst that can happen is You getting fired OR Maybe just a speaking to by your immediate Supervisor. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
    Just MY opinion.
    (others please chime in if I'm incorrect on the parking lot ownership thing)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I like the feedback. Again this is not a dream job and so can not want to quit working with 15 year olds who think they are the **** because they have worked at the job for years. I was not talking about carrying when i was working. Just keeping it in my locked car and putting it on after work and carrying when i'm off the clock if i feel the need to get something to eat.
    I think you're selling yourself short. this may be a decent course of action for the day shift, but most robberies likely happen after 11:00 PM. I'd carry
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast