See someone printing do you say anything? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: See someone printing do you say anything?

Is there anything wrong with printing? I'd figure it's just like open carry.

2 things:

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    Is there anything wrong with printing? I'd figure it's just like open carry.
    1: If OC isn't legal in your location, then printing may get you in trouble.

2: If someone is CC'ing, it is presumed that he prefer that the public not know that he is armed. If he is printing and some weapon-fearing anti-gunner recognizes the imprint as a gun, the local PD will likely get a "guy with a gun" phone call. If a criminal sees the imprint and decides to carry out his plot anyway, the CC'er is now a primary target.

Being discreet was I would say the proper way of handling it. Now, just to go another step further from the OP question..........
    "if OC isn't legal in your location, then printing may get you in trouble"(utimmer43). What if this was the situation? There is an imprint of your firearm......it is actually Concealed isn't it? Let's still stay on OP topic/question; do not mean to throw people off, just wanted too add to the question asked). As stated, it MAY get you in trouble, but I see it as, if it is concealed then there should be no problem. That would be My argument.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

The reason I say "may" get you in trouble is that I'm not 100% sure of every state's laws concerning OC. I seem to recall having read something in some states laws, where OC was illegal, stating that the gun must be totally concealed and there must be no discernable imprint. Maybe that is a figment of my imagination, as I have no idea where I read/heard/dreamt it. But it sure wouldn't surprise me in, say, MA/ CA/ NJ/ NY.

A very discrete pointing it out can be appropriate and you did well with how you handled it. DO NOT run up to the person and say "Hey Bud, you gun is showing!". As I understand printing concerns vary from state to state and the fact that OC may be legal in a state does not cut it. Most states require OC to be completely open and covered but printing won't pass for OC so you can get into trouble both ways there.

In this case you found that they were fairly new to CC and needed help in their quest. This is something that we all can use, help when we are doing something not exactly correctly. Here in SC I have never heard of printing being an issue but I am sure it could be under the right conditions. You are sitting there eating your lunch and someone starts yelling MWAG is going to cause problems. CC means completely concealed, OC means means compeletey Open and never the twain shall meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari A. View Post
    Please excuse this ignorant sounding questions, but...is printing when you can see the outline of the weapon through the shirt or the bottom of the weapon is showing?
    Yes, and the only kind of ignorant question is one that is not asked...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    Yes, and the only kind of ignorant question is one that is not asked...
    Maybe!

Why do they call it Golf?
    All of the other four letter words were taken

Why are there 18 holes on a golf course?
    Because there are exactly 18 nips in a bottle of scotch

Why are manholes round?
    So the cover won't fall in.

Why is a revolver sometimes called a six-shooter?
    Because they could shoot exactly six reels of film in the old westerns before the good guy had to reload.

Why a fecal stools tapered?
    So your anus don't slam shut.

Why does Rosie O'Donald keep getting TV roles?
    That is the mystery of the universe.

lol thanks Mr. Vegas...btw...your in my home state...I am from Nevada...but now am a Virginian...go figure!

If someone saw me printing I would appreciate being discretely informed. However, I'm not sure I would tell someone else (most likely not). They may say thanks or just as easily say they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari A. View Post
    Please excuse this ignorant sounding questions, but...is printing when you can see the outline of the weapon through the shirt or the bottom of the weapon is showing?
    Yes. Printing is exactly that.

Obviously, printing is counter-productive to the concept of concealed carry. The weapon is no longer concealed properly.

If I were printing my CCW, I would hope someone with common sense would discretely tell me as opposed to some hysterical, anti-gun, conflict resolution Nazi.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast