See someone printing do you say anything? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: See someone printing do you say anything?

Why do they call it Golf?
    All of the other four letter words were taken
    Actually golf stood for gentleman only ladies forbidden when it was originally concieved

Gentlemen,

OC "printing" CC if some morons wanna call 911 for a man with a gun then will just deal w/it....

4. I would definitely consider a discrete notification. But, I would always keep in mind that the person printing could be a BG. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by getzmel View Post
    Gentlemen,

OC "printing" CC if some morons wanna call 911 for a man with a gun then will just deal w/it....
    I don't quite understand what you're saying

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    I would definitely consider a discrete notification. But, I would always keep in mind that the person printing could be a BG. Just something to think about.
    Yeah, that thought ran through my mind as well. Before any contact is made, you should observe and evaluate (just don't stare). If they seem decent, then proceed with discretion. If you get a bad vibe, at the very least, keep an eye on him. It would be more wise, however, to remove yourself from the situation.

But even if it was a BG, if you are discrete and don't draw a bunch of outside attention to his weapon, he likely wouldn't shoot you just for saying something to him. After all, he too would probably appreciate it, even though your intention wasn't to help a BG.

So, in a CCW State, your firearm IS in fact imprinting, you would say it is in a Open Carry state? In a CCW State, does the Law actually say you cannot have an imprint?? IF there is a Law, then fine, but I still seem to have an argument .......NO firearm is ACTUALLY showing right? I got to worry now even more on what type of clothing to wear?????
    Is that a roll of quarters in your pants pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    So, in a CCW State, your firearm IS in fact imprinting, you would say it is in a Open Carry state? In a CCW State, does the Law actually say you cannot have an imprint?? IF there is a Law, then fine, but I still seem to have an argument .......NO firearm is ACTUALLY showing right? I got to worry now even more on what type of clothing to wear?????
    Is that a roll of quarters in your pants pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    I would presume that the reason OC would be illegal in a state is to prevent a "MWAG" scare. Or for whatever reason, they don't want the public to know when someone is carrying. Printing, weather it is completely covered or not, still telegraphs a firearm.

Look, It either is a law in some non-OC state or it isn't. I don't know for sure, as I've stated before. It's just something I think I remember reading somewhere. I could be full of BS on that, and if that is the case, then may my statement be stricken from the record. But my other reason for printing being "a bad thing" still stands. If someone has a gun under his shirt, as opposed to on his hip out in the open, he probably doesn't want anyone else to know he is carrying, for the reasons I stated earlier.

Your point I understand completely and I have NO disagreement with You whatsoever. Your last sentance saying, probably doesn't want anyone else to know he is carrying is valid too. With that statement being said, I carry Concealed (for the reason mentioned), but now somehow an imprint is on my shirt I wore out this evening (in a CCW State ) and someone calls the LEO........OR how about no one calls and a LEO happens to come up on me instead. Can He/She actually bag me saying I'm Open Carrying even though it is apparently not? I'm kind of lost on the answers on here from everyone replying. I really don't want to get into an argument with a Badge.
    On another note, I think I will ask a NH (Open Carry State) and a MA (CCW State) LEO about this also and hear what They have to say and let you folks know what I get for answers. Again, this will be in NH and MA.. (you'll have to wait till Monday..lol). I'm going to bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    On another note, I think I will ask a NH (Open Carry State) and a MA (CCW State) LEO about this also and hear what They have to say and let you folks know what I get for answers. Again, this will be in NH and MA.. (you'll have to wait till Monday..lol). I'm going to bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    That would be a wise thing to do, or read the laws of your states in question. Also, consulting an attorney, especially one specializing in firearms law, would probably be the safest thing to do. Sometimes even LEOs don't know the laws they are sworn to enforce, and what you and I might interpret in the wording of the laws may not always be accurate.

Please do report back, I am interested in what you find.

This might confuse you more but,

Usually open/concealed carry uses the word visible. Example: In Arizona any part of the gun or holster being visible is open carry.

Dictionary.com

visible   /vzəbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [viz-uh-buhl] Show IPA
    –adjective

1. that can be seen; perceptible to the eye: mountains visible in the distance.

2. apparent; manifest; obvious

perceptible   /pərsptəbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [per-sep-tuh-buhl] Show IPA

–adjective capable of being perceived; recognizable; appreciable: a perceptible change in his behavior.

As with any part of the law, it is open to interpetation by the highest authority. You may say a gun behind a shirt, no matter what, is not visible, and the police officer may say it is. The judge may say something entirely different. Your best bet is to buy one size bigger pants/shirts, and wear professional holsters made specifically for you weapon.

Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast