See someone printing do you say anything? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: See someone printing do you say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Your best bet is to buy one size bigger pants/shirts, and wear professional holsters made specifically for you weapon.

Hope this helps.
    That's pretty much where I stand, for my self at least. I don't print, period. If that means trying on 3 different shirts before I find one that doesn't print, then that's what I gotta do. That doesn't necessarily mean that my smaller shirts are no good anymore. Those just become undershirts.

But, to each his own way.

3. I live in VA and have a CC permit. Also, open carry is not illegal. If I saw someone printing, I would keep my mouth shut; either they're legal and it doesn't matter, or they are a BG and I'll be glad I'm carrying.

After asking MA. police and getting a bashing because I asked, they said "printing" is NOT considered OC. But the person carrying needs to get a lesson on selective clothing which most of us on here know already. Basically, if it is a Concealed state you need to select the proper clothing so NO PRINT is being made. And, if it is, then You need to change your clothes. Sorry if this went off topic from the OP question.
    I didn't find anything yet in NH which is both a CC and OC state (about "printing").
    Any MA. officers on here? SOME of You need to get rid of the "ego" big time.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

So, was the MA LEO saying that printing would get you in trouble?

Well, kind of. Basically if you are carrying concealed so your firearm does not show, it means pretty much...so it does not show including any Printing. Then make every/any effort to make sure it does not show, including getting rid of that Print. You will be questioned if a LEO Spots it (Print). The way I understood it was, if the firearm is exposed you will get in trouble (CCW State), if there is a Print, you will not get in trouble but instead.... face on pavement probably then questioned. I was told (by a MA. officer/s) that a LEO can spot a concealed firearm on a person no matter what they are wearing. I do find that hard to believe especially with the example They gave me, ie, wearing an eskimo parka.
    Get rid of the Print Guys/Gals to avoid any problems, especially in MA.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I was told (by a MA. officer/s) that a LEO can spot a concealed firearm on a person no matter what they are wearing.
    That was the "ego" speaking. That's kind-of a bold blanket statement, that I too don't believe.

8. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    That was the "ego" speaking. That's kind-of a bold blanket statement, that I too don't believe.
    Unless MA cops have x ray vision eye implants.

-utimmer43, I sent you a PM.

I've been known to point out to folks that they're printing. Usually, I'll quietly get their attention and just kind of wag my elbow against my hip saying, "Hey man, you're showing..."

Usually, they're a little surprised and say "Thanks", and cover up. One time, though, some no-neck guy was wearing one of those gay, tight-fitting t-shirts, quite obviously printing a full-sized pistol. He says, "Yeah, so what?" in kind of a pissy tone. I think he was trying to compensate for "undersized equipment". It was as if he knew he was showing and just dared someone to say something.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

See, right there! The guy was wearing a "tight" fitted shirt. That would be a no-no (in MA. anyway). If you're concealing for the point of not letting others know you're carrying AND because you live in a CCW state, WHY would you wear something that gives it away?
    Don't You find yourself checking to see if your showing/exposed? I find myself just grabbing my sweatshirt by the hem and making sure it (firearm) is covered. It's a habit. When I get out of the car; in the market reaching up high on a shelf; just daily things I do. The guy that said to you, "yeah so what" should not even be carrying.

- Hey ultimmer43, I got banned from you know where...lol! It sure as hell didn't ruin My day at all OR get My blood pressure up...lol!! I asked them to close My account anyway. I'll find another one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast