See someone printing do you say anything? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: See someone printing do you say anything?

Basically, it comes down to: read the laws pertaining to OC/CC in the state you are planning to carry.

I know in my home state, the law says nothing about printing, and so if I chose (for some odd reason) to wear a skin tight see through shirt with a large gun underneath, the gun is still concealed and still legal. Why I'd wear a shirt like that would be the bigger question.

Know your laws. The knowledge of the actual laws could one day mean the difference between going home and going to a jail cell.

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    I know in my home state, the law says nothing about printing, and so if I chose (for some odd reason) to wear a skin tight see through shirt with a large gun underneath, the gun is still concealed and still legal. Why I'd wear a shirt like that would be the bigger question.
    LOL, I doubt a see though shirt would fly in states that don't have open carry, however I do agree with your premise. My question to everyone is what states have a law that prohibits printing? We don't have one in SC. Printing is not really a concern to me. I don't print when I carry but if sometimes I do I don't worry about it. Unless it shows a complete outline of the firearm no one really knows what's under your shirt. My wife prints more than me and she is concealing an insulin pump not a firearm and she's never had anyone come up to her and asked her what she's carrying. To me as long as the firearm is covered and not seen it's concealed. Bulk doesn't mean it's a firearm.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I just started carrying this week so I am still self conscious and convinced people are looking at me. I asked my girlfriend to check me and she assured me I was not printing, but I would still appreciate a discrete well intentioned comment if I were printing noticeably.

btw this is a great board with a lot of useful information, it has certainly helped with a lot of my newbie questions and concerns...thanks to all here

What the......
    "There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

You did the right thing

We are both Brothers-in-Arms and 2A Ambassadors. From the standpoint of 'Carry Etiquette' you did the Right Thing. You were discreet and friendly in your approach. You gave them some pointers as new CCW permit holders that they probably appreciated. Good for you.
    Very Respectfully,
    CAPTAIN MIKE
    www.GetYourCCW.Biz

7. Being a soon-to-be brand new CCW permit holder, I would VERY much want a discrete, friendly, polite tip if I was printing. But, I treat all advice-givers with smiles and thanks regardless of who is giving the advice, whether I want the advice or not, or the quality of the advice. (This will probably result in my wasting much time when I start going to shooting ranges by myself, but I`d rather err on the side of being kind than potentially ignoring useful advice. Plus I`m generally polite to a fault.)

Regardless of whether I was carrying or not, I would never be one to tell someone they are printing unless it was another girl, or someone I knew. I have run into trouble offering assistance in non-gun situations and more often than not get burned for it, and it isn`t worth it to me.

I've been carrying for a while now, usually open carry.

If I were printing and someone politely mentioned it to me, I think it'd start a decent conversation if nothing else.

If someone is going to politely let me know, it means they aren't afraid of the gun (or me) in the first place. That's someone worth talking to.

I live in Ohio and we have the choice of cc or open carry. If I print I really don't worry either way. If approached I would say thanks and move on. No sense makin an issue out of a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    If I were printing and someone politely mentioned it to me, I think it'd start a decent conversation if nothing else.

If someone is going to politely let me know, it means they aren't afraid of the gun (or me) in the first place. That's someone worth talking to.
    Sounds like a good idea.

My wife and I were shopping and in line at the cashier when I noticed a gentleman in front of me, being bent over the back of his shopping cart was exposing his weapon. We looked behind us and noticed others were in line. We just repositioned ourselves behind this guy to hide his gun so those behind us could not see it and not create a "man with a gun" scene. I feel we covered his butt this time but next time, the next person my not make his day easy....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456