Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 103
Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by softbaitmaker View Post
    I know what it is like to lay your life on the line everyday when you put on a law enforcement uniform. Just like I felt when I woke up every morning in the Jungles of Southeast Asia.
    Comparing the daily routines of law enforcement to your experiences in durring the "Vietnam conflict" are a big stretch, IMHO.

I didn't take any offense what so ever in your statement as to why I enlisted in the military. You and your neighbors requested I enlist. I got a letter stating that your friends and neighbors have selected you to serve in the Armed Forces of the United States of America. In other words I received a draft notice. I didn't do it for education and because I was given a choice. Now rather than join the Army I made the choice to enlist in the US Navy instead. Could have went for two but went in for 4 instead but stayed for 5.5 years.1.5 years beyond my tour of duty because My Team was so far covert it took them 1.5 years to be able to extract us out. I served in Naval Spec Opts and spent almost 5 years in Southeast Asia. The training we recieved remains embedded in my mind every day right up to present day. The things I saw and the things we did replay every day in my mind yet I can function everyday with out Shrinks or Counselors. I had held a job as an ASE Master Auto Technician for the last 35 years before retiring. So my goal for joining the military was not for any of the reasons you mentioned. I was 18 years old and fresh out of High School when I got my letter. I was proud to serve my country then and I would be proud to serve it again. So if you want to judge my partiotism go right ahead and do so. You have that right because men like me keep earning that priviledge for you every day. I see changes in this country every day and I don't agree with many of them but I will always have respect for Law Enforcement Officers that lay their lives on the line everyday and each day their job gets a little harder. They are dealing with major drug dealers, Murderers, Rapists, Kidnappers, Drunk drivers, street gangs and lets not forget the bank robbers in full body armor packing more artillery than company of Marines that come out of a bank and kill about 9 or 10 officers and wound 10 or 15 more before being taken down. When a police officer stops me in a road block you can bet, I have all the respect for him or her possible. I know what it is like to lay your life on the line everyday when you put on a law enforcement uniform. Just like I felt when I woke up every morning in the Jungles of Southeast Asia. So you judge on because one day you will also be judged. JMHO
    In conclusion: I don't accecpt the solicitation from nearly the entire media, the Armed Forces and particularly LEO agencies that the rest of us should show "extra" respect to them. I obey the law, that's my respect for LEOs and my country. I will not verbalize anymore respect for the LEO than I do for the convenient store night cashier, electrician or farmer - occupations of which are statisically more dangerous per hour than any LEO and these humble folks receive no free press or gratitude, generally speaking. If an LEO needs to search me or haul me in without proper cause, I'll not argue and will cooperate completely. But as soon as I can speak and point out the corruption, I will. I can't help the draft and I'll keep my opinion about the Vietnam War to myself. I had a high lottery number and didn't have to deal with being drafted. My dad was Navy WWII and was in many hot spots in the South Pacific and ruled totally disabled by the VA. It was difficult to get a word out of him about the action he saw except once he described "seeing Jesus in the clouds behind US war planes coming to save them from the Japanese," who were winning battle against his ship. He had no bumper stickers on his car nor baseball cap telling the world of his military service. His lived a quiet, respectable life and died young, largely from his wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    In conclusion: I don't accecpt the solicitation from nearly the entire media, the Armed Forces and particularly LEO agencies that the rest of us should show "extra" respect to them. I obey the law, that's my respect for LEOs and my country. I will not verbalize anymore respect for the LEO than I do for the convenient store night cashier, electrician or farmer - occupations of which are statisically more dangerous per hour than any LEO and these humble folks receive no free press or gratitude, generally speaking. If an LEO needs to search me or haul me in without proper cause, I'll not argue and will cooperate completely. But as soon as I can speak and point out the corruption, I will.
    That sounds like something I would say. Big +1 on that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I left the forums for a few days and it looks like I missed some good times.
    You need to show us your badge to get back in!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

1.5 years beyond my tour of duty because My Team was so far covert it took them 1.5 years to be able to extract us out. I served in Naval Spec Opts and spent almost 5 years in Southeast Asia.
    Gecko , buddy is that you?

I don't know about anyone else but my bulls*** meter is going off the scale right now
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Gecko , buddy is that you?

I don't know about anyone else but my bulls*** meter is going off the scale right now
    lol. I had the same thought.

I don't doubt him though. Unless there is evidence discrediting him I'll believe him.

If he's false the only person hurt is himself.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    You need to show us your badge to get back in!
    We don't need no stinkin badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So that's why my ears started ringing.

I've only been pulled over twice while carrying, once in Georgia and once in Indiana. Both times I informed the officer I was carrying...with two completely different responses.

Georgia. It was one of those nice, cool sunny days with the windows down blaring some good rock. At those times it's nearly impossible to NOT get a little lead footed. I happened to be going through a construction zone (without workers present) and was going the speed that would be considered acceptable outside of the construction. So before the officer even comes up I place my pistol on the dashboard (in holster), keep my hands at the 10 & 2, and mention it to him when he comes up. He asked if he could put it on the trunk of my car during the stop which, of course, I agreed to...never even asked me for my license but that's because it's not illegal to carry in your car in Georgia without a license (they consider your car an extension of your house). He comes back, hands me a ticket, and explains to me that since it was his chief that was running laser, he HAD to give me a ticket. But since I was so cooperative, he wanted me to request a court date and he'd do whatever he could to get it annulled. I show up to court a couple of months later and he made good on his promise; he made a $581 ticket disappear. Overall a positive experience.

Indiana...speed limit change that I did not see (went from 55-40 and I did not see it so I was pulled over for 57 in a 40). Same situation with the LEO. This time, he asked to see my license and I pulled it out (Georgia CCL...reciprocated in IN). He then asked me if I had an IN permit and I answered "No. Indiana reciprocates Georgia's permit." He gave me some specific instructions regarding the pistol until he secured it himself and went back to his car. He came back, gave me a speeding ticket, and put the pistol in the floorboard behind the driver seat, with the magazine detached and the chambered round out, and let me go. Not as positive since he still gave me a ticket, but he wasn't a complete jerk about it so it wasn't exactly negative.

I'll personally inform unless I'm in a state where it is not legal for me to carry

Quote Originally Posted by jabatam View Post
    So before the officer even comes up I place my pistol on the dashboard (in holster), keep my hands at the 10 & 2, and mention it to him when he comes up. He asked if he could put it on the trunk of my car during the stop which, of course, I agreed to.
    What you actually agreed to is giving him permission to search your trunk, just thought I'd point that out.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment