Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 105
Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

If I am required by law to inform the LEO that I am carrying a concealed weapon then yes I will, however if I am not required to do so I will not. I see no reason to mention it. I have no intension of pulling my handgun out of my holster.

3. In SC you are required to notify LEO if you're pulled over. I also have non-resident CWP's in 2 other
    states. This allows me to legally carry in 37 states. If I ever get pulled over whether
    I'm carrying or not I will definetly show my DL and my CWP....

Quote Originally Posted by articblue3 View Post
    In SC you are required to notify LEO if you're pulled over. I also have non-resident CWP's in 2 other
    states. This allows me to legally carry in 37 states. If I ever get pulled over whether
    I'm carrying or not
    I will definetly show my DL and my CWP....

Why notify if not carrying ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Why notify if not carrying ?
    The answer is obvious.

If you show the cop your CWP (even if not carrying), it lets him/her know that you're an auxilliary reserve deputy sheriff's officer tacticool kinda guy/gal and that you're entitled to some "professional courtesy".

Right?

What I want to know is why someone with a CWP wouldn't be carrying at all times while driving, unless they only have a CWP so they can feel like an auxilliary reserve deputy sheriff's officer tacticool kinda guy/gal?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

6. Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    The answer is obvious.

If you show the cop your CWP (even if not carrying), it lets him/her know that you're an auxilliary reserve deputy sheriff's officer tacticool kinda guy/gal and that you're entitled to some "professional courtesy".

Right?

What I want to know is why someone with a CWP wouldn't be carrying at all times while driving, unless they only have a CWP so they can feel like an auxilliary reserve deputy sheriff's officer tacticool kinda guy/gal?
    Wouldn't a CCW badge acomplish the same thing?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jabatam View Post
    How so? Besides speeding, I was doing nothing illegal and he would have had no right to search without probable cause, which he had none because speeding does not constitute probable cause. Just because he places something on top of my trunk doesn't give him any special permission to search inside of it. Either way, it's a moot point because that guy saved me a lot of money
    Treo and I were under the assumption that you gave him permission to place the gun INSIDE the trunk of your car. In that case, officer (or you) opens the trunk with your permission and a bag of marijuana magically appears in plain sight in the trunk, or any other "suspicious" item...now you're busted because you consented to the officer opening the trunk. The probable cause requirement is completely null and void once you give consent.
    Yeah no...just on top of it

Well, now that you mention it, yes. But I prefer my new wardrobe accessory, the CWP badge holster. This way I get to expose my concealed weapon to show that I'm carrying it concealed. It's the greatest item ever. Musta been designed by a genius...

"I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Ya' know the scarry thing here is that on a site this big somebody really has got one of those damned badges and is probably getting really , really pissed
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

We don't need no stinkin badges!!!

11. Here is a link in reply to post 985 about a guy robbed in WI. There is also a video link to the story there.

One case of an open carrier robbed out of more than 100,000 per Nik Clark, president of WI Carry. Hardly an epidemic IMHO.

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News