Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 106
Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

  1. #1051
    In Texas, you must notify the officer if you are carrying. Since the officer can see the CHL when accessing DL information on the computer, I always notify even when I'm not by handing him the CHL with the DL. It is common courtesy and makes the officer more at ease since he will find out anyway.

  2.   
  3. #1052
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by matelpt View Post
    In Texas, you must notify the officer if you are carrying. Since the officer can see the CHL when accessing DL information on the computer, I always notify even when I'm not by handing him the CHL with the DL. It is common courtesy and makes the officer more at ease since he will find out anyway.
    Do you tell the cops what color underwear you're wearing to, just to make them more comfortable?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  4. #1053
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Do you tell the cops what color underwear you're wearing to, just to make them more comfortable?
    Unfortunately nudity is not an option in SC.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Do you tell the cops what color underwear you're wearing to, just to make them more comfortable?
    You are confusing the police with the TSA....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    You are confusing the police with the TSA....
    My monitor and keyboard just became soaked with Pepsi. Thanks for the laugh NavyLT.

  7. #1056
    Whenever I have had interactions with Law Enforcement, I have always informed the Officer that I was carrying a weapon. All instances have turned out positive. In 2 instances, the Officer asked if he could hold onto my pistol and in the other, I was in an accident and asked the responding Officer to take possesion of my pistol while I was transported to the hospital. In each instance, my weapon was returned with no problems. I would rather let the Officer know than him or her be surprised. I appreciate the job that Police Officers do and I will always try to make it easier for them. If you are up front with them and show them respect, you will normally get the same courtesy in return.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by tcecil88 View Post
    Whenever I have had interactions with Law Enforcement, I have always informed the Officer that I was carrying a weapon. All instances have turned out positive. In 2 instances, the Officer asked if he could hold onto my pistol and in the other, I was in an accident and asked the responding Officer to take possesion of my pistol while I was transported to the hospital. In each instance, my weapon was returned with no problems. I would rather let the Officer know than him or her be surprised. I appreciate the job that Police Officers do and I will always try to make it easier for them. If you are up front with them and show them respect, you will normally get the same courtesy in return.
    If they respected you and your rights, they would not have taken your gun away from you, even temporarily. Would they hand over their gun to you "for your safety" if you asked them to? Why do they have any more "right" to keep possession of thier own firearms than you do? Just curious, do you also inform the officer when you are not carrying?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. My friend in Florida got into a little fender bender in a gas station.....like a nice law abiding citizen he told the cop he had a gun on him as he handed him his license and CCP. The dirtbag cop asked for the gun and literally tossed it on top of his car, causing $400 damage to the roof paint. 2009 E63 AMG Mercedes. My friend said he treated him like a second class piece of crap citizen from that point forward, and the accident was some ladies fault that backed into him while he was pumping gas.

    SCREW cops.......yes, there are good ones.....but its not worth getting that scumbag loser cop with the chip on his shoulder because he has a crappy paying stressful job. No cop is taking possession my gun. Being a cop is a tough job, they signed up for it, they have to wonder if people have guns on them sometimes. And in Florida you only have to tell them if they ask......

  10. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    If they respected you and your rights, they would not have taken your gun away from you, even temporarily. Would they hand over their gun to you "for your safety" if you asked them to? Why do they have any more "right" to keep possession of thier own firearms than you do? Just curious, do you also inform the officer when you are not carrying?
    Agreed. If I got pulled over and was "asked" by the officer if I'm carrying...yes, I would tell him I was. But if he asked me to give it to him.....I'd roll up the window and ask for a supervisor, start my video spy camera and tell the officer I'm videoing (with audio) everything from this point forward for the record and elect to have a supervisor on scene before I give my gun to anyone.

  11. I live in Mo. and all the police officers that I know said they would like to know if I have a gun up front, when stopped by them. About a week ago I was stopped for making a ilegal left turn, I told the lady that I had a ccw, and she said "thats fine" I did'nt have any tickets on my license so the did'nt give me a ticket, and did'nt ask to see my pistol.

Similar Threads

  1. Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights
    By Kaymen in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. A LEO speaks about citizens & CC
    By Glock Fan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
  5. Inside A Concealed Carry Class
    By lukem in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast