Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 108
Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

  1. #1071
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    28
    [QUOTE=Firefighterchen;236168]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord:236157
    Welcome,

    The fumes from your polish made me a little nauseous too!

    Have a good day, hope you find all the articles on here interesting and informative.
    Woo! Trolled on my very first post on these forums.

    While it's probably fun for you to imply I must be feminine in some manner because I choose to be overtly respectful to police and it has always served me well, I guess my question for you would be why do you personally not feel that LEO are deserving of a higher degree of respect? Is there any profession you reserve higher respect for (military or firefighters maybe)? I've read many of your other posts and you've never really addressed that question directly other than pointing out that they shouldn't be afforded any more respect than any other profession and littering threads with sarcastic barbs solely because you disagree with their opinions.

    What's your history with LEO, Chen?

  2.   
  3. #1072
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    [QUOTE=Cord;236385]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

    Woo! Trolled on my very first post on these forums.

    While it's probably fun for you to imply I must be feminine in some manner because I choose to be overtly respectful to police and it has always served me well, I guess my question for you would be why do you personally not feel that LEO are deserving of a higher degree of respect? Is there any profession you reserve higher respect for (military or firefighters maybe)? I've read many of your other posts and you've never really addressed that question directly other than pointing out that they shouldn't be afforded any more respect than any other profession and littering threads with sarcastic barbs solely because you disagree with their opinions.

    What's your history with LEO, Chen?
    First off...polish wasn't for nails, I was not implying feminism (although woman are becoming very strong supporters of the 2a, so there is no problem with feminism). Polish was for their badges lol sorry you didn't get that. Seems a lot of people need the *sarcasm* to understand my posts.

    I believe no profession deserves more respect over another profession in any case. We all have a job to do, and we all should strive to do it our best. I choose firefighting/paramedic. Do I feel I deserve more respect? No...I hate it. I hate that the medical field has so many Para-Gods. I hate that nurses and doctors feel as if they own their patient. It sickens me. (I would like to add, even when paramedics and heath care personnel force respect and opinion it usually ends for the betterment of the patient. When police force their respect and opinion it usually ends in ruining some ones life. Every good LEO encounter story doesn't have the forceful attitude problem.)

    Why do I have such a bad taste when it comes to police? Here is a quick summary:

    1.) My family helped a police officers family from loosing their house for drug related reasons (unknown at the time). Instead of paying us back, they tried to intimidate us using some of his police buddies. Luckily my mother is the strongest woman I know. We fought back as a family with the help of the DA. The officers are off the force. The kids of the direct officer are in a better home now.

    2.) An officer gave me a speeding ticket. I was on my motorcycle, behind a Durango, behind a Semi. I was going with the flow of traffic. His explanation for the speeding ticker? He didn't want me to hit a deer...

    3.) An officer gave me a uninsured (my card was on my dinner table) ticket. I was on my motorcycle. He explained when I went into court to bring my insurance card, and the charges would be dropped. He then gave me reckless driving with no explanation. He claims in court that he was at the light with a clear view, that I did an aggressive right hand turn into a lane change without my blinker, followed by a wheelie all the way across a 200 yard bridge passing several cars while in the left lane. He claims he explained it to me, and he has video evidence, but he didn't bring it in.

    My story: I did a right hand turn with my blinker. I stayed in the right hand lane. No one was on the bridge with me. I had two coworkers behind me, both testified I did not do a wheelie.

    Judge says: If it could have happened, then I'm guilty.

    I ordered the video and the court transcripts. What does the video show? The police officer was about 200 yards from the light, with traffic crossing his view multiple times. I turn into the right hand lane with my blinker, and no one is on the bridge. I do not do a wheelie in the video.

    So I take this case to a big fish attorney in my town. His first piece of advice, "Get ready for the police to lie in court." He explained he has never been in a single case where a police officer hasn't lied. What's happening now? Well since the State Troopers office took 45 days to send me the video, and the appeal time was within 30...my family is forking out big money to bring this to higher courts.

    This is just the main ones (especially the 3) that tick me off. I have come across numerous officers in my EMT/Paramedic career that make me wonder about public service. My uncle is LAPD...I do not disrespect officers, I just have no respect for them.

    Edit: The sarcastic barbs based on opinion. While I started with very serious posts, lately the same broken record gets boring to reply to. If I were to say, all police officers are corrupt psychos. You would defend their position, claiming I shouldn't spread stereotypical lies. That's all I do to defend OC. Sure you can have your own opinion, and I can have mine, but would you want me to spread "all officers are corrupt psychos?" No you would want me to stop.

  4. #1073
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    The beauty of this is that you open carry so you automatically inform the police as well as everyone else.
    Kind of. In a vehicle, even when open carrying the handgun is concealed. Otherwise yeah, its a moot point to tell an officer your are open carrying :) But then the question is, if you have done nothing wrong, should they ask you for your permit/ID based solely on the fact you are open carrying?

  5. #1074
    Cord, since you are new to the forums, here is a word of advice.

    There are something like almost 30,000 members on this forum if I recall correctly, and most of them are good people. But there is a small group of about 5 people including Chen that will argue with and troll on anyone who shows respect for law enforcement, or who would notify a cop they have a gun when they are not required to, or who thinks concealed carry is better than open carrying.

    Dont let them bother you though, there are only a few but they seem numerous because of the amount of posts they make.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    The beauty of this is that you open carry so you automatically inform the police as well as everyone else.
    Except when inside a vehicle and my gun is worn on my right side, and the officer has approached from the left side. Chances are extremely great they will not notice the gun on my belt. I have never informed, it has never been an issue, and I have run about 50/50 in the past getting a speeding ticket/warning. I have since slowed down and stay within 5 mph of the speed limit.

    I just don't think it is worth it for me to give away my rights to privacy and firearms possession simply to attempt to prove to a police officer that I am a good guy with the hope to get out of a ticket.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #1076
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Except when inside a vehicle and my gun is worn on my right side, and the officer has approached from the left side. Chances are extremely great they will not notice the gun on my belt. I have never informed, it has never been an issue, and I have run about 50/50 in the past getting a speeding ticket/warning. I have since slowed down and stay within 5 mph of the speed limit.

    I just don't think it is worth it for me to give away my rights to privacy and firearms possession simply to attempt to prove to a police officer that I am a good guy with the hope to get out of a ticket.
    Do you see the point I am making though? Since you open carry, you give up your right to privacy to just about the whole world. Everyone can see you have a gun so you take away your choice to tell people or not. In a car, sure it would be harder for the cop to see if it was on your right and he was on your left. But I've been asked to step out of my car before. I've also seen when cops will approach from the left side as well, like when there are 2 cops or when a cop doesnt want to be standing out in the road.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Do you see the point I am making though? Since you open carry, you give up your right to privacy to just about the whole world. Everyone can see you have a gun so you take away your choice to tell people or not. In a car, sure it would be harder for the cop to see if it was on your right and he was on your left. But I've been asked to step out of my car before. I've also seen when cops will approach from the left side as well, like when there are 2 cops or when a cop doesnt want to be standing out in the road.
    Actually, in regards to carrying my gun in public, I have no right to privacy as my state government legislated that right away by requiring me to obtain government permission and pay a tax in order to conceal a loaded handgun on my person. A person can pay for the privilege to do so, if they desire.

    However, yes, you are correct that I do inform others of my gun by open carrying. However, when the gun is lawfully stored in the glove box or not noticed, I don't feel the need to bring it's presence to anyone's attention other than a criminal who may have chosen to attack me.

    Yes, I have been asked to exit the vehicle before, and yes, the gun was not noticed by the police officer until I exited the vehicle. No, I did not tell him about my gun before I got out.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #1078
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:236465
    Cord, since you are new to the forums, here is a word of advice.

    There are something like almost 30,000 members on this forum if I recall correctly, and most of them are good people. But there is a small group of about 5 people including Chen that will argue with and troll on anyone who shows respect for law enforcement, or who would notify a cop they have a gun when they are not required to, or who thinks concealed carry is better than open carrying.

    Dont let them bother you though, there are only a few but they seem numerous because of the amount of posts they make.
    As gmr puts it, reading comprehension epic fail. I never said for anyone to disrespect officers, not once. I have just said I do not respect officers. How is that arguing or trolling?

    I never tell anyone who is legally bound to notify to not notify. I advise but always say it's their choice in the end. In fact it's always their choice no matter what anyone says on an online forum.

    I never said concealed or opened was better or worse in all situations. I'm always defending open carry from you die hard cc'ers. The amount of lies you guys post, then turn around and blame others, must be that change Obama is taking about.

    So maybe stop lying, if you can.

  10. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    As gmr puts it, reading comprehension epic fail. I never said for anyone to disrespect officers, not once. I have just said I do not respect officers. How is that arguing or trolling?

    I never tell anyone who is legally bound to notify to not notify. I advise but always say it's their choice in the end. In fact it's always their choice no matter what anyone says on an online forum.

    I never said concealed or opened was better or worse in all situations. I'm always defending open carry from you die hard cc'ers. The amount of lies you guys post, then turn around and blame others, must be that change Obama is taking about.

    So maybe stop lying, if you can.
    No lying here bud. I never said you told others to disrespect officers, so stop putting words in my mouth. I said that if somebody like Cord makes a post that has respect for cops, you argue with them. Fact. That is why we are talking right now.

    Trolling- you trolled on Cord's post.

    I never said you told people to not notify when they are required to. READ my post. Reading COMPREHENSION 101

    I am a "die hard CCer" now? Really? What makes you say that? Did I not post in another thread that I enjoy open carrying at times? And did I not make a post asking for clarification about open carry law because I am considering it as an option in the city as well? And I am a liar now too? How so? Show me where I have lied.
    And you also resort to calling me a liberal with your reference to Obama. How childish of you to resort to name calling and even more so, calling me something that just about nobody on this forum is because we are all gun owners.

  11. #1080
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord:236385
    I've read many of your other posts and you've never really addressed that question directly other than pointing out that they shouldn't be afforded any more respect than any other profession and littering threads with sarcastic barbs solely because you disagree with their opinions.
    Thank you for noticing I do not tell anyone to disrespect officers, just that I feel they don't deserve more respect than anyone else. That's what I was trying to get across. I'm glad you could understand this. I don't expect you to change, or have the same point of view, because we have lived two different lives. At least you can understand my posts, even if you don't agree with them.

    As to littering threads. I just scanned over my last 200 posts...could only count 10 that could be considered sarcastic and trolling. I guess I should ignore b2 and desert and stop baiting them, since they are the only ones who seem to palpably dislike me.

Similar Threads

  1. Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights
    By Kaymen in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. A LEO speaks about citizens & CC
    By Glock Fan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
  5. Inside A Concealed Carry Class
    By lukem in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast