Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 109
Page 109 of 117 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    As to littering threads. I just scanned over my last 200 posts...could only count 10 that could be considered sarcastic and trolling. I guess I should ignore b2 and desert and stop baiting them, since they are the only ones who seem to palpably dislike me.
    Have you not realized that you continue to make enemies on here all by yourself? Cord made his first post about his own life stories and you are already on his list of trolls. Not just me and b2 that have problems with your arguments. I dont have any problems with you, just some of the things you say.
    Dont forget about how you posted that all us "CCers" just resort to lying and then ignoring when you decide to ignore me.

  2.   
  3. #1082
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:236493
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    As gmr puts it, reading comprehension epic fail. I never said for anyone to disrespect officers, not once. I have just said I do not respect officers. How is that arguing or trolling?

    I never tell anyone who is legally bound to notify to not notify. I advise but always say it's their choice in the end. In fact it's always their choice no matter what anyone says on an online forum.

    I never said concealed or opened was better or worse in all situations. I'm always defending open carry from you die hard cc'ers. The amount of lies you guys post, then turn around and blame others, must be that change Obama is taking about.

    So maybe stop lying, if you can.
    No lying here bud. I never said you told others to disrespect officers, so stop putting words in my mouth. I said that if somebody like Cord makes a post that has respect for cops, you argue with them. Fact. That is why we are talking right now.

    Trolling- you trolled on Cord's post.

    I never said you told people to not notify when they are required to. READ my post. Reading COMPREHENSION 101

    I am a "die hard CCer" now? Really? What makes you say that? Did I not post in another thread that I enjoy open carrying at times? And did I not make a post asking for clarification about open carry law because I am considering it as an option in the city as well? And I am a liar now too? How so? Show me where I have lied.
    And you also resort to calling me a liberal with your reference to Obama. How childish of you to resort to name calling and even more so, calling me something that just about nobody on this forum is because we are all gun owners.
    Hey you aren't ignoring me!

    Fact, your fact was wrong on why we are talking. My first post to cord was welcome, and I hope he finds the articles interesting and informative. Then I included a sarcastic snippet for the following reason.
    I never trolled cord's respect for officers. I trolled his statement that some of our members posts made him nauseous. What was the purpose of that statement other than putting down others opinions?

    You stated I argue with anyone who says they should notify. Doesn't that mean I am telling everyone, including people who are required to by law, to not notify? What other standpoint is there on that topic? You either do or don't. So by saying I argue with anyone who says they should notify is a lie, because I do not argue with those that by law have to notify.

    My comments on die hard cc'ers was misplaced on to you, sorry, those should be reserved for the one post wonders and b2.

    I didn't call you a liberal or Obama. The subject of the last sentence in that paragraph was "change". I said your tactics of arguing are the same, not your political philosophy. Ed H is a liberal though, so we aren't all republican conservatives. A lot of people here have stated they have very liberal outlooks on life as well.

  4. #1083
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:236501
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    As to littering threads. I just scanned over my last 200 posts...could only count 10 that could be considered sarcastic and trolling. I guess I should ignore b2 and desert and stop baiting them, since they are the only ones who seem to palpably dislike me.
    Have you not realized that you continue to make enemies on here all by yourself? Cord made his first post about his own life stories and you are already on his list of trolls. Not just me and b2 that have problems with your arguments. I dont have any problems with you, just some of the things you say.
    Dont forget about how you posted that all us "CCers" just resort to lying and then ignoring when you decide to ignore me.
    Crap I forgot the *sarcasm* for you guys. It's ok, I all ready stared in another forum I don't ignore anyone, it's just to close minded to cut of the opposition.

    Do you remember that time when someone said something about replying to posts that weren't directly addressed to them?

    Ah, I don't care either way. I may be on his troll list, but he secured his position on mine with his first post by saying our opinions make him nauseous. Luckily my troll list isn't set in stone, and others have, in my mind, broke free of the trollish behavior.

    In the end, I feel the only enemies I have are b2, and you. You two are the only ones to attack me as a person. Maybe grm as well but he is too new to tell what his intentions are. Even cord brings a direct question to me that no one else had asked. He was actually interested in why I have the point of view I have, instead if lumping me into the cop haters group.

  5. #1084
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    His reply for the sake of argument was a traffic stop of some kind so I replied, you've already broken some law so the officer took the time to pull you over and you're questioning whether or not you should bother to tell them you're legally carrying a firearm?
    Not so much.

    Here's a far from all inclusive list of reasons why you could be pulled over:
    1. You violated a traffic law.
    2. You match the description of someone wanted by the police.
    3. The cop is trolling for drunks using pretext stops.
    4. The cop likes to hassle <insert appropriate racial, ethnic or religious group>.
    5. The cop likes to stop attractive women and you're one.
    6. The cop plans to rob you... or worse.
    7. The cop his bored.


    Cops do a lot things, legal and otherwise, for a lot of reasons... or simply no reason at all. I've lived more than long enough to know better than to assume that those motivations are benign.

    I've been in a vehicle that was stopped for "weaving", which was in fact not weaving at all. It was a pretext stop trolling for drunks. I was being driven to the Amtrak station about 2:30am. If because of that stunt, I'd missed my train to Chicago, I'd have broken the bat off in the cop's 4th point of contact in civil court.

    Notifying cops that you're carrying where not required by law is a BAD idea. REQUIRING people to notify is a far WORSE idea. If you don't believe me google: "Daniel Harless Canton Police Department".

  6. #1085
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Get to know the local PD. They're not as bad as you think they are, and contrary to popular belief, they're not necessarily "the enemy".
    I was raised in Chicago. Depending upon where you live, the police may in fact be far worse than you can imagine.

    Google the names "Anthony Abbate" and "Jerome Finnegan". They're nobody I'd want as "friends".

  7. #1086
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    28

    Cops are people.

    Just for the sake of argument, I understand that cops are people, and as surprising as it may be, there are people that are cops that are also a**holes. The two fine gentlemen officers who held me up in front of a busy restaurant and searched me were undoubtedly a**holes and probably overstepped their boundaries with the way they handled me. Doesn't change the fact that I have a lot of respect for officers in general. I just find it an odd distinction that people who have concerns with officers have typically had a bad experience with a particular person, and have blanketed their experience to all LEOs. It's very similar, at least to me, of thinking "well, I was assaulted by a criminal that was (insert race here), therefore I have concerns with all ____." Or a very similar discussion I have with business associates who say that they hate a particular company or business, and when you pin them down on it, turns out they had a bad experience with a person that works for said company. Granted they are representing that company, but there's a**holes in every workplace, and blanketing a company for that person is pretty close to some of the many -isms that get thrown around freely these days.

    As far as me stating the opinions expressed of people who do not believe they should have to inform LEO of carrying (as opposed to legally requiring notification) makes me nauseous, my intention was not to disrespect that point of view, but it does make my stomach churn regardless because MY personal experience slides the other way.

    I love a good debate, and disagreeing doesn't necessarily imply dislike, despite how popular it is these days for people with opposing viewpoints to hate each other.

  8. #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    If your state doesn't require it, why put yourself in a position to be harassed
    That's what NavyLCDR, BigGayAl, and I have been saying all along.

  9. #1088
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Crap...I was going to say, if Cord couldn't take my sarcasm and trolling (even the slightest, although it looks like he took it like a champ!)...i can't wait till he meets G50...

    HEY G50 hows it going?

  10. #1089
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    Just for the sake of argument, I understand that cops are people, and as surprising as it may be, there are people that are cops that are also a**holes. The two fine gentlemen officers who held me up in front of a busy restaurant and searched me were undoubtedly a**holes and probably overstepped their boundaries with the way they handled me. Doesn't change the fact that I have a lot of respect for officers in general. I just find it an odd distinction that people who have concerns with officers have typically had a bad experience with a particular person, and have blanketed their experience to all LEOs. It's very similar, at least to me, of thinking "well, I was assaulted by a criminal that was (insert race here), therefore I have concerns with all ____." Or a very similar discussion I have with business associates who say that they hate a particular company or business, and when you pin them down on it, turns out they had a bad experience with a person that works for said company. Granted they are representing that company, but there's a**holes in every workplace, and blanketing a company for that person is pretty close to some of the many -isms that get thrown around freely these days.

    As far as me stating the opinions expressed of people who do not believe they should have to inform LEO of carrying (as opposed to legally requiring notification) makes me nauseous, my intention was not to disrespect that point of view, but it does make my stomach churn regardless because MY personal experience slides the other way.

    I love a good debate, and disagreeing doesn't necessarily imply dislike, despite how popular it is these days for people with opposing viewpoints to hate each other.
    This is a well thought out post. Stereotypes are definitely not the greatest mindset to have, but it is a mindset, and it could possibly save your life someday. There has to be an equal balance of awareness and stereotypes, and that balance will differentiate between different people. For example, you and me. While you haven't had that many bad experiences with police, 5 out 6 personal experiences were bad with me (even though I only posted 3). That means my balance of awareness and stereotypes will greatly differ from yours.

    While your intention was not to disrespect, and I thank you for clarifying your position, I did feel disrespected when I first read your post. Hence my sarcastic snippet. Should I not have put that in there...probably, but whats said is said. After all, if I hadn't put it in there, my good buddy desert eagle wouldn't have spoken to me again!

  11. #1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Crap...I was going to say, if Cord couldn't take my sarcasm and trolling (even the slightest, although it looks like he took it like a champ!)...i can't wait till he meets G50...

    HEY G50 hows it going?
    Thanks for the introduction.

Similar Threads

  1. Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights
    By Kaymen in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. A LEO speaks about citizens & CC
    By Glock Fan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
  5. Inside A Concealed Carry Class
    By lukem in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast