Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 110
Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

  1. #1091
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    Just for the sake of argument, I understand that cops are people, and as surprising as it may be, there are people that are cops that are also a**holes. The two fine gentlemen officers who held me up in front of a busy restaurant and searched me were undoubtedly a**holes and probably overstepped their boundaries with the way they handled me. Doesn't change the fact that I have a lot of respect for officers in general. I just find it an odd distinction that people who have concerns with officers have typically had a bad experience with a particular person, and have blanketed their experience to all LEOs. It's very similar, at least to me, of thinking "well, I was assaulted by a criminal that was (insert race here), therefore I have concerns with all ____." Or a very similar discussion I have with business associates who say that they hate a particular company or business, and when you pin them down on it, turns out they had a bad experience with a person that works for said company. Granted they are representing that company, but there's a**holes in every workplace, and blanketing a company for that person is pretty close to some of the many -isms that get thrown around freely these days.
    I'm Black. I have no special power to stop you involuntarily, disarm you or detain you by virtue of my race. I can't get on the stand in criminal court and lie against you using a presumption of veracity to maliciously do you harm.

    This isn't Egypt. We don't draft cops. Profession is a CHOICE. Race is NOT.

    A cop who didn't know the law once got in my face and misstating the law (BADLY) said, "I know, I'M A COP!" What do you think would happen if I made up some law and got in somebody's face and said, "I know, I'M BLACK!"?

    I find it curious that so many cops who whine about the "race card" don't mind throwing the "cop card" down at every opportunity, even to defend the utterly indefensible, including assault, robbery, torture and murder by cops.

    To the extent that police have a poor reputation in this country, and especially in particular places (like Chicago, Philadelphia and New Orleans), they've EARNED that reputation, both by their actions and their excuse making for those actions.

  2.   
  3. #1092
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I'm Black. I have no special power to stop you involuntarily, disarm you or detain you by virtue of my race. I can't get on the stand in criminal court and lie against you using a presumption of veracity to maliciously do you harm.

    This isn't Egypt. We don't draft cops. Profession is a CHOICE. Race is NOT.

    A cop who didn't know the law once got in my face and misstating the law (BADLY) said, "I know, I'M A COP!" What do you think would happen if I made up some law and got in somebody's face and said, "I know, I'M BLACK!"?

    I find it curious that so many cops who whine about the "race card" don't mind throwing the "cop card" down at every opportunity, even to defend the utterly indefensible, including assault, robbery, torture and murder by cops.

    To the extent that police have a poor reputation in this country, and especially in particular places (like Chicago, Philadelphia and New Orleans), they've EARNED that reputation, both by their actions and their excuse making for those actions.
    If I draw both the Race Card and the Cop Card as the first two cards durring a game of blackjack can I split the hand like I would if I drew two aces?

  4. #1093
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    If I draw both the Race Card and the Cop Card as the first two cards durring a game of blackjack can I split the hand like I would if I drew two aces?
    Depends upon where you are. In Chicago, race trumps EVERYTHING, even among cops.

  5. #1094
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Depends upon where you are. In Chicago, race trumps EVERYTHING, even among cops.
    Thanks for the clarification.

  6. #1095
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    28

    Almost forgot....

    Chen, after reading your experiences I don't blame you a single bit for not having much respect for cops or the legal system......in your area, but I don't think that should necessarily extend to all LEO across the board, or require you to push that agenda with others because of your own bad experiences.

    But hey, that's your experience and opinion, so I have to respect that you've made the effort to have that opinion, even if I disagree with it.

  7. #1096
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Crap I forgot the *sarcasm* for you guys. It's ok, I all ready stared in another forum I don't ignore anyone, it's just to close minded to cut of the opposition.

    Do you remember that time when someone said something about replying to posts that weren't directly addressed to them?

    Ah, I don't care either way. I may be on his troll list, but he secured his position on mine with his first post by saying our opinions make him nauseous. Luckily my troll list isn't set in stone, and others have, in my mind, broke free of the trollish behavior.

    In the end, I feel the only enemies I have are b2, and you. You two are the only ones to attack me as a person. Maybe grm as well but he is too new to tell what his intentions are. Even cord brings a direct question to me that no one else had asked. He was actually interested in why I have the point of view I have, instead if lumping me into the cop haters group.
    You are right, I need to go back to ignoring you, just couldnt help it when you started trolling on a first poster.
    Since I am your enemy, please stop posting on my profile as you just did. Thanks.

  8. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    Just for the sake of argument, I understand that cops are people, and as surprising as it may be, there are people that are cops that are also a**holes. The two fine gentlemen officers who held me up in front of a busy restaurant and searched me were undoubtedly a**holes and probably overstepped their boundaries with the way they handled me. Doesn't change the fact that I have a lot of respect for officers in general. I just find it an odd distinction that people who have concerns with officers have typically had a bad experience with a particular person, and have blanketed their experience to all LEOs. It's very similar, at least to me, of thinking "well, I was assaulted by a criminal that was (insert race here), therefore I have concerns with all ____." Or a very similar discussion I have with business associates who say that they hate a particular company or business, and when you pin them down on it, turns out they had a bad experience with a person that works for said company. Granted they are representing that company, but there's a**holes in every workplace, and blanketing a company for that person is pretty close to some of the many -isms that get thrown around freely these days.

    As far as me stating the opinions expressed of people who do not believe they should have to inform LEO of carrying (as opposed to legally requiring notification) makes me nauseous, my intention was not to disrespect that point of view, but it does make my stomach churn regardless because MY personal experience slides the other way.

    I love a good debate, and disagreeing doesn't necessarily imply dislike, despite how popular it is these days for people with opposing viewpoints to hate each other.
    Agreed. I think it is rather annoying that people love to stereotype. If a cop is a jerk in your OPINION, it is plain ignorance to assume all cops are jerks.
    There are jerks on this forum. Does that mean all people on this forum are jerks? Nope. Unfortunately, people love to stereotype rather than use their head.

  9. #1098
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord:236576
    Chen, after reading your experiences I don't blame you a single bit for not having much respect for cops or the legal system......in your area, but I don't think that should necessarily extend to all LEO across the board, or require you to push that agenda with others because of your own bad experiences.

    But hey, that's your experience and opinion, so I have to respect that you've made the effort to have that opinion, even if I disagree with it.
    To each his own. Glad you can see my point of view. I just don't understand why its considered pushing my agenda when I post my opinion, and not considered agenda pushing from others, when the only difference is whether or not you like police.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:236580
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Crap I forgot the *sarcasm* for you guys. It's ok, I all ready stared in another forum I don't ignore anyone, it's just to close minded to cut of the opposition.

    Do you remember that time when someone said something about replying to posts that weren't directly addressed to them?

    Ah, I don't care either way. I may be on his troll list, but he secured his position on mine with his first post by saying our opinions make him nauseous. Luckily my troll list isn't set in stone, and others have, in my mind, broke free of the trollish behavior.

    In the end, I feel the only enemies I have are b2, and you. You two are the only ones to attack me as a person. Maybe grm as well but he is too new to tell what his intentions are. Even cord brings a direct question to me that no one else had asked. He was actually interested in why I have the point of view I have, instead if lumping me into the cop haters group.
    You are right, I need to go back to ignoring you, just couldnt help it when you started trolling on a first poster.
    Since I am your enemy, please stop posting on my profile as you just did. Thanks.
    Sounds good. :-) Have fun ignoring. Bye.:o

  10. #1099
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Agreed. I think it is rather annoying that people love to stereotype. If a cop is a jerk in your OPINION, it is plain ignorance to assume all cops are jerks.
    ALL cops aren't jerks.

    Any cop COULD be a jerk... or an outright criminal. Therefore it behooves you to take precautions against them. Virtually everyone I've seen who advised somebody to the contrary was interested only in ensuring that cops who misbehaved (or committed felonies for that matter) either didn't get caught or weren't seriously punished for it.

    Such people are no different from the "posses" of any private sector gang member. They want THEIR criminal friends to get away with their crimes too.

  11. #1100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    28
    Using my iPhone to edit this quote and reply, and it's pissing me off a bit, so apologies in advance if the post is all butchered up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I can't get on the stand in criminal court and lie against you using a presumption of veracity to maliciously do you harm.
    Not quite sure I agree with that, considering anyone can lie under oath in a civil or criminal trial. Plus the whole point of cross examination is to address things like behavior, intent, background, etc. That's why it's called a defense, and also why there are things like burden of proof and perjury laws.

    A cop who didn't know the law once got in my face and misstating the law (BADLY) said, "I know, I'M A COP!" What do you think would happen if I made up some law and got in somebody's face and said, "I know, I'M BLACK!"?
    Missing my point. I only mentioned racism as an analogy, like calling all cops bad because you had a bad experience with one is the same as saying I hate all black people because "one" was mean to me. I could have just as easily said it's like saying you hate all fruits because you ate a rotten apple once and got sick. Sounds kinda silly so I used the racism analogy for impact. But to YOUR point, yeah "I know, I'm a cop!" is pretty damn stupid to say, and I'd vote that guy as ********* of the week. Another case of an ********* that happens to be a cop rather than all cops are a**holes.


    To the extent that police have a poor reputation in this country, and especially in particular places (like Chicago, Philadelphia and New Orleans), they've EARNED that reputation, both by their actions and their excuse making for those actions.
    Agreed, but again, it just simply is not ALL of "them" ALL of the time. I don't think much of Illinois's gun laws or Chicago's either, but it would be pretty narrow minded of me to say I hate the state in general because of my disgust for their laws.

    Ok, I DO always hate driving through Illinois because I can never remember if I have to unload AND separate ammunition from the firearm or do anything in particular with pistol at all since I'm from out of state. Guess I should look that up. And if I did get it wrong and got handled like a criminal because I didn't follow the law there, that's my responsibility and I take the consequences.

Similar Threads

  1. Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights
    By Kaymen in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
  4. A LEO speaks about citizens & CC
    By Glock Fan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
  5. Inside A Concealed Carry Class
    By lukem in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast