Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 116
Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

I have to ask what could anyone possibly add to a thread with over a thousand posts in it? What new information could anyone possibly have?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I have to ask what could anyone possibly add to a thread with over a thousand posts in it? What new information could anyone possibly have?
    perhaps the information that they didnt notice the dates and they are a newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    perhaps the information that they didnt notice the dates and they are a newbie?
    Even if the entire thread was only a week old what could anyone possibly post that hadn't been posted before in this thread?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?-beatdeadhorse5.gif
    Chief

Well, after my last post which was #5 and dated 2009 I was finally pulled over! Town officer came to my door and mentioned why I was pulled over Only, at that point I informed him (with both hands on the steering) "just so you know I have a LTC and I'm just letting you know". His reply, "ok, thank you, if you don't use yours I won't have to use mine". We both were pretty much in good moods and you can obviously tell there was no unsteadiness. He then asked for the usual in which I replied, "registration is here (pointing to arm rest console) and license is in my pants pocket" (still with both hands on the steering). He said, "all right". Took them both out and handed them to him, then putting both hands again on the steering while he did his thing. Came back and said, "thank you and be careful". Personally, I have no problem letting the officer know I have a LTC. I'm not breaking any law carrying it. Be respectful to them and you may get the same back.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

7. I personally prefer to inform the officer of firearms in the car as my pistols are often sitting on the passenger seat. And I would rather he know about them and be informed of my cpl than him discovering them and pulling his sidearm out in alarm. I would like the officers mind to be at ease and make his job easier. Their jobs can be stressful enough. If I can put his mind at ease then he will likely go easier on me.
    The key to a safer society lies not in the enforcement of a powerful hipocracy, but in the hands of a well schooled and armed citizenry.

8. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?-beatdeadhorse5.gif
    +1
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by slamhouse View Post
    I personally prefer to inform the officer of firearms in the car as my pistols are often sitting on the passenger seat. And I would rather he know about them and be informed of my cpl than him discovering them and pulling his sidearm out in alarm. I would like the officers mind to be at ease and make his job easier. Their jobs can be stressful enough. If I can put his mind at ease then he will likely go easier on me.
    Do you extend the same courtesy to the convenience store clerk when you enter their store? They have no idea if you are a criminal coming through the door intent on robbing them by shoving a gun in their face or looking for a cup of coffee to keep you awake on a long drive.

Do you extend the same courtesy to the cab driver if you happen to be in need of a cab? They have no idea if you are a criminal getting into their cab with the intent of shoving a gun in the back of their head and demanding any cash/credit cards they might have or if you are just wanting a ride home from the bar because you had too much to drink.

Or are police officers just a special class of citizen that deserve to be "at ease" more than other human beings in other occupations that are more likely than others to be victims of violent crime?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by slamhouse View Post
    ... as my pistols are often sitting on the passenger seat. ...
    You mean you have one or multiple handguns sitting loose on the passenger seat? That is a very dangerous practice for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    You mean you have one or multiple handguns sitting loose on the passenger seat? That is a very dangerous practice for a number of reasons.
    That's okay...dangerous is his middle name :-)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson