Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 117
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,169 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    That's okay...dangerous is his middle name :-)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Yes, I played with squirt guns as a child, I lived on the edge.
    The key to a safer society lies not in the enforcement of a powerful hipocracy, but in the hands of a well schooled and armed citizenry.

Well, Austin Danger Powers, I assume you have never been in a car accident. Otherwise, you would know that your handgun on the passenger seat does you no good the instant it becomes airborne. From the very well known 1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Just prior to ramming the Monte Carlo, Manauzzi had pulled out his service revolver and placed it on the seat in anticipation of a shootout,[8] but the force of the collision flung open his door and sent his weapon flying. Hanlon lost his .357 Magnum service revolver during the initial collision, though he was still able to fight with his Smith & Wesson Model 36 backup gun.

4. I'm not going to de-rail this thread onto a debate of where to stow your sidearm while driving.
    The key to a safer society lies not in the enforcement of a powerful hipocracy, but in the hands of a well schooled and armed citizenry.

State law mandates informing a LEO. My state does require that I inform, and since I am a law abiding gun toting citizen, I will follow the law and inform if I am faced with a "official" LEO encounter, and if I am armed at the time.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

6. Quote Originally Posted by slamhouse View Post
    I'm not going to de-rail this thread onto a debate of where to stow your sidearm while driving.
    You might as well, over 1,100 posts is plenty to cover everything about whether or not to inform an officer many times over.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

7. If a cop wanted to "feel at ease" then he shouldn't have pulled me over.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You might as well, over 1,100 posts is plenty to cover everything about whether or not to inform an officer many times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If a cop wanted to "feel at ease" then he shouldn't have pulled me over.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks guys, I really needed a laugh tonight!
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If a cop wanted to "feel at ease" then he shouldn't have pulled me over.
    If he wants to feel "at ease" then he should have found another line of work.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. And more to the point:

If he doesn't ask if I am carrying/have a weapon, the only possible conclusion you can come from this fact is:

He.

Doesn't.

Care.

If he doesn't care, why should I?