Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 45
Page 45 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

All these comments about what you will do when driving and the "next time" you are pulled over. Pulled over for what? Aren't you guys and gals obeying the speed law? Don't you ever check out the lights on your car/truck/motorcycle/etc. to be sure they are working?

I knows what it is, youse guys are gangstas.

Honestly, I've been driving for 50 years and I have never been pulled over...not once. I drive the speed limit unless the traffic dictates I do otherwise, and I regularly check for burned out lights. If you carry concealed, you of all people should do your best not to draw attention from law officers. It could eventually get you killed or seriously injured by an over-reactive police officer.

Next week I am going to start classes on how to drive and not get pulled over and how to check for fuses and change lights. Classes start at $1,000 a week. Come one, come all.

Myself, in Texas, whether I have my gun or not, I at least inform the officer that I am a CHL, and if I am carrying, he gets the license, and if not, he will be told ". . . and I am presently *NOT* carrying.". The one time that I didn't declare, and gave just my license (as per TX legal requirements), the officer came back to the car seemingly kinda pissed off, and sternly asked me if I was carrying or not . . . I figure since he's gonna know I have the CHL anyhow, might as well be up-front about it, and inform as to my specific status . . . and they do seem to appreciate it.

- Tim

4. Here in Rhode Island the dmv isnt linked to the permits. If the officer asks I would reply honestly. If he doesnt ask I wouldnt tell the officer, why make a big deal over something I am doing legally. My 2 cents.

Thank you kittyhawk for some common sense comments. I shake my head on so many of these threads and replies and cannot believe what I read remembering that these same people could or do have firearms on them. Apparently they have forgotten their overall responsibilities that came with their CCWPs and it is more than just knowing how to handle a firearm and knowing the state law for self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Apparently they have forgotten their overall responsibilities that came with their CCWPs and it is more than just knowing how to handle a firearm and knowing the state law for self-defense.
    Here is the actual list of responsibilities that the El Paso County Sheriff’s Dept. holds permitees to

This privilege carries with it a significant responsibility that you as a responsible law-abiding citizen, exercise sound judgment, restraint and safety in the use and handling of firearms. Remember that the use of deadly force must always be a last resort."
    And it pretty much does only ask that I handle the firearm safely and know and obey Colorado law for self defense
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

7. after reading this forum i asked a guy that i know is certified to teach gun safty course if you need to tell the cop in ma. he said yes you are supose to. i have had permit for years and never knew that. i have been pulled over more than once in speed traps and it was never mentioned. i don t carry tho unless going shooting. so they must not know when run ya plate but been few years since stopped. so?? who knows tech. changes all time . cops now have computers in there cars. but i learned something from reading this forum anyways

Quote Originally Posted by jedma View Post
    after reading this forum i asked a guy that i know is certified to teach gun safty course if you need to tell the cop in ma. he said yes you are supose to. i have had permit for years and never knew that. i have been pulled over more than once in speed traps and it was never mentioned. i don t carry tho unless going shooting. so they must not know when run ya plate but been few years since stopped. so?? who knows tech. changes all time . cops now have computers in there cars. but i learned something from reading this forum anyways
    If you only carry when you are going shooting, why did you get a permit to carry?

Just curious.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by jedma View Post
    after reading this forum i asked a guy that i know is certified to teach gun safty course if you need to tell the cop in ma. he said yes you are supose to. i have had permit for years and never knew that. i have been pulled over more than once in speed traps and it was never mentioned. i don t carry tho unless going shooting. so they must not know when run ya plate but been few years since stopped. so?? who knows tech. changes all time . cops now have computers in there cars. but i learned something from reading this forum anyways
    Mass is NOT a Must Inform state...

Hey Treo: Kindly do not insult me by just playing with words. You know darn well what I mean. If you cannot obey the simplest of rules/laws for conduct, why should I expect you to obey the rules/law under your CC permit constraints? You either obey the law and that means all the laws or you do not. If you like to selectively choose, that's fine with me but "tongue in cheek" answers do not lend anything to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Treo: Kindly do not insult me by just playing with words. You know darn well what I mean. If you cannot obey the simplest of rules/laws for conduct, why should I expect you to obey the rules/law under your CC permit constraints? You either obey the law and that means all the laws or you do not. If you like to selectively choose, that's fine with me but "tongue in cheek" answers do not lend anything to this discussion.

So are you telling us that you are in perfect compliance w/ every law on the books? Are you telling us that you never go over the speed limit? Remember you either obey all the laws or none of them (I speed therefore, I’m a rapist?).

I don’t carry a firearm to be some defender of Truth, Justice and the American Way. I carry for self protection. I am not a nice person and I recognize no societal obligation to conform to some higher standard of behavior just because I carry.

My “tongue in cheek” answer doesn’t take away any more for this discussion that your sanctimonious, self righteous answer does
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 45 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast