Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 46
Page 46 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Hey Treo: Try chillin a bit and you may live longer. I surely feel sorry for you and your attitude. If you cannot understand civil responsibility you are a very little person. In any event, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I surely hope we are done with this exchange--it diminishes the fine aspects of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Treo: Try chillin a bit and you may live longer. I surely feel sorry for you and your attitude. If you cannot understand civil responsibility you are a very little person. In any event, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I surely hope we are done with this exchange--it diminishes the fine aspects of this forum.
    You made a statement You either obey the law and that means all the laws or you do not. and I'd like to know if you stand by it.

Do you follow ,perfectly, all the laws on the books?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. All this talk about obeying the law and not getting pulled over is pretty much a moot point, I don't think we need to fight about it. Case in point - driving late at night, obeying the speed limit, car passes me, turns around and flips the lights on. Talking to my girlfriend, I had innocently and accidently forgotten to dim my headlights. Cop just wanted to check me out to see if I had been drinking, which I hadn't.

On the way to work one morning, cop pulls me over because I was driving a Toyota Celica with tinted windows and had 2 coworkers in the car with me. Just wanted to check me out because he saw three people in a Toyota Celica with tinted windows. No reason at all given for the stop.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    All this talk about obeying the law and not getting pulled over is pretty much a moot point, I don't think we need to fight about it. Case in point - driving late at night, obeying the speed limit, car passes me, turns around and flips the lights on. Talking to my girlfriend, I had innocently and accidently forgotten to dim my headlights. Cop just wanted to check me out to see if I had been drinking, which I hadn't.

On the way to work one morning, cop pulls me over because I was driving a Toyota Celica with tinted windows and had 2 coworkers in the car with me. Just wanted to check me out because he saw three people in a Toyota Celica with tinted windows. No reason at all given for the stop.
    Similarly....I was pulled over one time in NJ. Friend is in a country band...we went to a club to see him play. By the time we helped him pack up after the show it was almost 1am as we were driving home thru the Pine Barrens. Cop pulled us over...."just to check us out"....

6. i still dont see why any so-called officer has to be informed of someone excercising a constitutional granted 'right'.

do states really require this??

say you forget and then what? some unfounded suspicions arise from a schmofficer and fines??? one would likely be better off being faced by a 'bad guy'.

A good way to periodically check tail, reverse and brake lights is to back up towards a store front window. But to really decrease the chance of getting pulled over for lighting problems is simply change them once a year before they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    A good way to periodically check tail, reverse and brake lights is to back up towards a store front window. But to really decrease the chance of getting pulled over for lighting problems is simply change them once a year before they fail.
    That's a good idea
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I live in the high desert city of Ridgecrest, CA
    I have never encountered a cop, especially since I got my first CCW permit, but I believe that if stopped, I would do as several here suggested and hand my DL and CCW permit(s) to him.

10. duty to inform

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    Suppose you're out for a drive and you've got a tail light out... Or you're doing a bit above the speed limit and you just had a nice set of headers, exhaust pipes, and mufflers put on your car...

Regardless, you're now on the side of the road with a blue light special behind you.

Officer comes to the door and asks for your license and registration... Do you inform him that you are in possession of a concealed handgun or not?

Does the matter that it's the sherrif, a local county officer, or a state trooper change your option?

I think the DMV here flags your plates when you get a CCW. I've always thought it's a good idea to inform.

"Officer, I understand you go through a lot of risk in your line of duty, I would like to minimize this risk and inform you that I am in possession of a Concealed Weapon permit and I do have the weapon on my person (or in the car) The weapon is on my left hip (or next to the emergency brake handle in the center console). My license and registration are in my left front pocket. How would you like to proceed?"
    In Iowa there is no duty to inform. Takes care of the problem! I would not say a word UNLESS I were asked about it or told to get out of the car at which point the above applies.Why throw a rock in a quiet pool?
    But thats just me!

Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    All these comments about what you will do when driving and the "next time" you are pulled over. Pulled over for what? Aren't you guys and gals obeying the speed law? Don't you ever check out the lights on your car/truck/motorcycle/etc. to be sure they are working?

I knows what it is, youse guys are gangstas.

Honestly, I've been driving for 50 years and I have never been pulled over...not once. I drive the speed limit unless the traffic dictates I do otherwise, and I regularly check for burned out lights. If you carry concealed, you of all people should do your best not to draw attention from law officers. It could eventually get you killed or seriously injured by an over-reactive police officer.

Next week I am going to start classes on how to drive and not get pulled over and how to check for fuses and change lights. Classes start at $1,000 a week. Come one, come all.
    Last time I got pulled over was because I was doing under the limit and running with my right rear tire on the white line. Plus having Florida tags in an area of SE Ohio where in the previous week they had busted two Florida vehicles for large amounts of drugs. Right rear tire on the white line he understood as some roads the pickup would be across the centerline otherwise. Like US-52 between Bastian, VA and Rocky Gap, VA where even having the RR tire over the edge of the road still results in the LR tire being on the wrong side of the centerline.

Page 46 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast