Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 67
Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Good for you, you're consistent!

Your "Flip 'em the bird and die like a VIKING" seems to contradict your advice now ... lol .. I copy you and agree! lol

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Your "Flip 'em the bird and die like a VIKING" seems to contradict your advice now ... lol .. I copy you and agree! lol

Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking - GunRightsMedia
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The article is pure win. The sig was good before, now it's awesome.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

In most States they already know you have a CCW when they run your plate... I havent been stopped yet but I was told heep both hands on top of the wheel & tell them right away you have a CCW & if you have it with you tell them where it is & dont move your hands off the wheel unless they tell you to...This all makes perfect sense to keep the Officers stress level down & keep you from possibly getting shot.

7. Flex Your Rights

I have always had poor luck when interacting with LEOs until I watched this video last year. YouTube - The RIGHT Way to Handle a Police Stop Get the complete 45 minute version. I really breaks it down for you. Now while not being sugary sweet I vaguely answer their question without incriminating myself, and then always just answer their question with a question "am I being detained, or am I free to go?"

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters | How to Flex Your Rights During Police Encounters

Of course as for revealing your CC status you need to know the law about traffic stops in your state.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Be polite when using this tack

"What seems to be the problem Officer?" Or "Good evening officer what was the reason you pulled me over?"

If they get "Do you know why I pulled you over?" out tell them "I have no idea Officer. Why did you pull me over?"

roadreeler57:
    Man, you're probably a great guy, father, husband, etc.. but please re-think your attitude when pulled over. If you are that concerned about THEIR stress level, you're trusting a weak and variable entity. Just be yourself - research your constitutional roots and realize that it [the government, fed, state & local] is not the source of your freedoms, but established to protect your God-given freedoms.

I hate to argue over one word, but from the "tone" of the comments, some of you, who profess this "assertion of rights", are not exactly saying it with a grandmotherly expression or tone. Maybe "lip" is not the correct word but just the "tone" in your reply is enough to let me know exactly where you are coming from; and please do not get all hung up on more of my words in the last sentence. Enough of this. Sorry if this offends you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    We just had a discussion on this same subject. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...-not-tell.html Here is my thought as stated earlier. "My rule of thumb regardless of which state I'm in if asked for my ID they get both. I consider it a courtesy to the Officer."
    I do the same, for i have nothing to hide and i have had no bad expierences with officers so far. I have done this twice and mutual respect has been given

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I hate to argue over one word, but from the "tone" of the comments, some of you, who profess this "assertion of rights", are not exactly saying it with a grandmotherly expression or tone. Maybe "lip" is not the correct word but just the "tone" in your reply is enough to let me know exactly where you are coming from; and please do not get all hung up on more of my words in the last sentence. Enough of this. Sorry if this offends you.
    We're not grandmothers Kelcarry. You cannot offend me - taking or rejecting offense is completely my choice, apology not necessary. Have a good rest of week and weekend and go PACKERS!

Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast