Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 68
Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

1. I have two brothers that are well seasoned police officers and a Grandson that is a County Sheriff deputy and I have asked all 3 of them how they feel about this issue. Their replies where all very similar. They prefer that they are made aware of the fact that you do have a CWP and that you are packing. They want you to produce your license, Registration, CWP and proof of insurance all at once when they ask for it so my advice is keep it all together. They know all they are going to learn before they ever approach your vehicle except proof of insurance. They also know if you have any out standing warrants. They will treat you with as much respect and you show them. So just be respectful and you will receive respect in return.

Quote Originally Posted by softbaitmaker View Post
    . They will treat you with as much respect and you show them. So just be respectful and you will receive respect in return.
    So....by not telling them...they will then not treat me with respect?

Unhappy

snipped.... They will treat you with as much respect and you show them. So just be respectful and you will receive respect in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    So....by not telling them...they will then not treat me with respect?
    I don't think that is the point in this conversation...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I don't think that is the point in this conversation...
    Well, something has to be said to keep this going for 68 pages of posts. If people stuck to the point of this conversation it would be over at:

If the law says you have to inform LEO, then inform LEO. If the law doesn't require that you inform LEO, then do whatever the heck you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Well, something has to be said to keep this going for 68 pages of posts. If people stuck to the point of this conversation it would be over at:

If the law says you have to inform LEO, then inform LEO. If the law doesn't require that you inform LEO, then do whatever the heck you want to.
    Now what fun would that be? Honestly NavyLT instead of using logic, you should mention CCW Badges or ask whether or not you should carry one in the chamber.

7. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Now what fun would that be? Honestly NavyLT instead of using logic, you should mention CCW Badges or ask whether or not you should carry one in the chamber.
    I thought the CCW Badge was a given: the question is do you present it to the officer at the beginning of an encounter, or let him find it on his own?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I thought the CCW Badge was a given: the question is do you present it to the officer at the beginning of an encounter, or let him find it on his own?
    I usually just hang my badge out the window as they are walking up. It makes them feel better.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I usually just hang my badge out the window as they are walking up. It makes them feel better.
    I was gonna say...

I go one step beyond that. Anytime I get pulled over, when the cop gets out of his car and start walking towards mine, I just hang my gun out the window and point it at him, just to make damn sure he sees it.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I was gonna say...

I go one step beyond that. Anytime I get pulled over, when the cop gets out of his car and start walking towards mine, I just hang my gun out the window and point it at him, just to make damn sure he sees it.
    That would definately convey the fact that you are an armed citizen. Just make sure you keep your finger out of the trigger guard. You wouldn't want the officer to get jumpy.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

I have two brothers that are well seasoned police officers and a Grandson that is a County Sheriff deputy and I have asked all 3 of them how they feel about this issue. Their replies where all very similar. They prefer that they are made aware of the fact that you do have a CWP and that you are packing. They want you to produce your license, Registration, CWP and proof of insurance all at once when they ask for it so my advice is keep it all together.
    Are they paid to enforce their feelings or the law?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast