Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 75
Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Just checked. I'll be dipped! Thanks for the info, never noted the numbers matched before. (DUH-UUUH!)

Now I know. Just hope I don't have another occasion to panic some young trooper in the future! LOL! Given my average of a "stop" per decade, and the fact that this decade is already "taken"..... I will start to really worry about it in the 2020s, with the provision I make it that far.

GG
    I live in a rural area and both the County Deputies and the State Troopers frequently set up "license checks" (DUI checks). I probably go through one at least once a month. I always hand them my carry permit together with my DL, and tell them I'm packing and where its at. I've never had one express any real concern about it.

I have a number of friends and neighbors who are LEOs (Deputies, Troopers, and city police). All of them are very pro concealed carry. Every one I have talked to says they always carry off-duty.

But I'm sure there are a few antis out there in uniforms. I'm claustrophobic, and even the thought of having my hands cuffed behind my back makes me nervous.

3. should you need to tell an officer?? regardless of state law??

isnt the post about whether one should inform an officer..not what the existing law is???

why should that info have to be told?? if you wanted to kill the cop you wouldnt tell them anyway...you would just kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by sthomper View Post
    should you need to tell an officer?? regardless of state law??

isnt the post about whether one should inform an officer..not what the existing law is???

why should that info have to be told?? if you wanted to kill the cop you wouldnt tell them anyway...you would just kill them.

I think (in states that have such laws) must in form laws are stupid but they are still the law and getting caught disobeying them will cause you far more problems than obeying them will.

If you don't like the law you work w/in the system to get it changed
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

If you don't like the law you work w/in the system to get it changed
    Best suggestion yet.

BobFoos:
    re: I had been carrying. Would they have made me get out of the car and searched me or taken the gun, or handcuffed me while they were giving me the ticket???

Yes, if they wanted to. Probable cause [to search you and your vehicle] is as broad as the ocean and gray as rain clouds. "for my safety" is the latest favorite LEOs use to circumvent that pesky Fourth Amendment - justified by little more than a "feeling" that you may be dangerous or are hiding a weapon. I'm not suggesting this scenario happens often but it happens and nothing exempts you or me from the low number of chances. Whewww ... got it all out. Now I'll sit back and wait for the LEO-sensitives to slam me for speaking about LEOs with a tone less than worshipful. Others on this forum get frantic at the mere mention of anything constitutional, prompting me to put my "YOU CONSTITUTIONALIST!!!! helmet on.
    Last edited by antietam; 02-12-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

7. I have been pulled over with my CCW, and informed the officer. Most of them just want to know where it is in my car. Was stopped in TX with a AR CCW, which I am legal to carry, and the office was very nervous about me telling him. I didn't make any fast moves, but was very glad that I had informed him of the gun.

8. I'm in Kansas, our CCW and DL are the same number but on different cards. We are not required to notify a LEO unless they ask. I have been pulled over for speeding once since I got my CCW, been on the receiving end of another driver that was not paying attention when I and the guy behind me were stopped to make a left hand turn and called the police when our house was burgled. In each case I handed the responding officer my CCW license figuring if I were the responding officer I would want to know what was in play around me. All of the officers that I dealt with were very professional and courteous. One called me later on my cell phone to talk about concealed carry, find out what I carried and when, as he did not normally carry when he was off duty. The funny thing is he only makes a habit of carrying when he went to our local shopping mall. Which is posted (improperly) both on the doors and the parking lot as a no CCW area. Since the state law lets us ignore the no gun signs on buildings that do not post correctly I too ignore the signs at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    BobFoos:
    re: I had been carrying. Would they have made me get out of the car and searched me or taken the gun, or handcuffed me while they were giving me the ticket???

Yes, if they wanted to. Probable cause [to search you and your vehicle] is as broad as the ocean and gray as rain clouds. "for my safety" is the latest favorite LEOs use to circumvent that pesky Fourth Amendment - justified by little more than a "feeling" that you may be dangerous or are hiding a weapon. I'm not suggesting this scenario happens often but it happens and nothing exempts you or me from the low number of chances. Whewww ... got it all out. Now I'll sit back and wait for the LEO-sensitives to slam me for speaking about LEOs with a tone less than worshipful. Others on this forum get frantic at the mere mention of anything constitutional, prompting me to put my "YOU CONSTITUTIONALIST!!!! helmet on.
    No LEO sensitive here, some are great guys, and very good cops, and believe it or not are really pretty good shots, but SOME are freaking morons, that think they got the power of god, and could not hit a barn wall if they were in the barn, how in the world they ever pass there qaulifying checks I do not know

10. None of LEO's business

Why would it be any business of there's where it was located? Do they also need to know where your jack and tire iron are located? What about your video camera? I simply don't give up any of my liberties knowingly if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by civicgl1 View Post
    I have been pulled over with my CCW, and informed the officer. Most of them just want to know where it is in my car. Was stopped in TX with a AR CCW, which I am legal to carry, and the office was very nervous about me telling him. I didn't make any fast moves, but was very glad that I had informed him of the gun.

11. Nobody gets my liberty

To me it's not about WHO is trying to rob me of my liberties. Nice guy or not I am not giving them up without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    No LEO sensitive here, some are great guys, and very good cops, and believe it or not are really pretty good shots, but SOME are freaking morons, that think they got the power of god, and could not hit a barn wall if they were in the barn, how in the world they ever pass there qaulifying checks I do not know

Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast